Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wiring 85 Gmc Jimmy

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by J85K5, Dec 10, 2004.

1. J85K5

J85K5 Newbie

Help Please

Engine Fire Pretty Bad I Want To Rewire The Whole Thing With A Painless Kit. Does Anyone Have Any Experience Doing This? Or Any Tips? Any Help Would Be Appreciated!!

2. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Pal of mine is using a Painless kit to completely wire his 56 hotrod truck. It's areally cool and easy to use kit. All wires say what they are printed all along them!

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I used a Painless wiring kit when I installed my fuel injection on my 85. Painless kits are really easy to use and come with instruction books that are pretty good.

All my connections on my harness were marked as to what they where and the connectors were already installed and they just popped right on. I highly recommend Painless wiring. Good quality, good price, and easy to use. There tech support hotline is awesome too. They are very knowledgeable.

Harley

4. J85K5

J85K5 Newbie

Thnks I Will Be Using The Painless 18 Circuit Kit And Redoing The Whole Truck

5. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Nothing wrong with a Painless wiring harness--but with so many trucks in the junkyards I'd say you'd probably be able to score a good harness cheaper there--but then again,the wires wont be new and clean(the copper itself)and newer is always better if you can afford to get it......