Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wiring alpine 1507 to 2 12" type r dvc

Discussion in 'Audio' started by wakedog, Jul 15, 2001.

1. wakedog

wakedog 1/2 ton status

Wiring alpine 1507 to 2 12\" type r dvc

I know i already asked this and prembird gave me a good answer, i looked around at other sites and they said to do the same as what he said, run the voice coils in parallel then to their respectives side on their channel (one channel for each sub). Well my question is, is there anyway to wire these so they are louder, i just seems that they are very weak compared to what i have heard. Thanks for the help in advance and sorry if this was confusing.

2. Prembird

Prembird 1/2 ton status

Re: Wiring alpine 1507 to 2 12\" type r dvc

well lets see if i remember right you are running duel 4 ohm subs... run each sub in parrell then run the two subs in series and bridge the amp... basically take it the way you have it.. disconect from the amp... take one of the pos. wires and connect it to the neg coming off the other sub.. doin this will leave you with one pos. and one neg. wire.. bridge your amp and put the pos. to pos. and neg. to neg. on the amp.. whatever outputs the amp uses for bridged...

Prembird
    [​IMG] <font color=blue> If it aint</font color=blue><font color=red> LOUD </font color=red><font color=blue> Then turn it </font color=blue><font color=red> UP</font color=red> [​IMG]