Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wiring Color Codes On My K5

Discussion in 'Audio' started by IH82LUZ2FORDS, Oct 18, 2000.

1. IH82LUZ2FORDS

IH82LUZ2FORDS Registered Member

Hey everyone, I just installed two infinitty kappa 3.5''s in my k5 but I didn't know the gm's color code for my truck, i tried to do my best but I guess it didn't work, when I turn up the volume, the music starts to skip, and thats on the radio, not the cd player, so what I am asking is if anyone knows the color codes for my 88' k5, I would be very happy, I know the colors on the right speaker are light green and dark green, and on left front speaker they are grey and light green, I think those are the colors, I did this at night, but I just don't know which ones are positive and which are negative, can someone please help me out. Thanks!!

Rob

2. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

Drivers side: Grey is negative, the other wire should be tan and its positive.
    Pass side: Dark green is negative and light green is positive.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

3. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

Wiring the speakers out of phase, shouldnt cause your radio to shut off at high volume, Make sure that none of the speaker leads are touching ground, sometimes when you install them they touch in the dash, wrap some tape around the terminals before installation. Hope this helps

[​IMG]
    http://dblazer.coloradok5.com

4. IH82LUZ2FORDS

IH82LUZ2FORDS Registered Member

thanks for the info dude!!!!!!!!

Rob