Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

wiring diagram for climate control box

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by coincidentally, Apr 13, 2002.

1. coincidentally

coincidentally Registered Member

anyone have any info on where I could find a wiring diagram of the climate control box (whatever the heater/ac cntrol center is called)? the chiltons manual seems skip right over that (like they do with everything)

2. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

what year?
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/ausername11/2>there are some here</a>

3. coincidentally

its an 84' and I see there is some wiring info for an 85 on that link you posted.

thanks a ton for your help :-)

4. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

The '84-'85 should be very close...anything in particular you're looking for?

5. coincidentally

well, i'm planning on putting together a brand new dash with new guages and everything. I wanted to position things a little differantly, and since I dont have A/C in the truck anymore, that whole climate control thing is kinda a waste. I thought it would be nice to have an on/off switch for the heat, and then just a dial to control the fan speed and leave it at that. I'm not sure if I could just redo the wiring on the existing heat system and fit it to my needs, or just buy a brand new heater system from like jc whitney and have fun with that.....

6. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I think as long as you didn't care about heat/defrost/cool, you could relocate the thing easily.

Since the heat/cool/defrost settings on non AC vehicles are all mechanical though, (the cables) you are limited as to how far you can move the controller, unless you wanted to get real, real complex and use electric motors and solenoids to control the heater box doors/valves.

Then again, if you left the (inner) AC box intact, most of that is vacuum controlled, and I think hot/cold is all that is controlled mechanically, which would somewhat simplify things.

7. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

I removed the stock A/C-Heater system and replaced it with a non-A/C heater unit. It is much smaller and all the cables reached my new location just fine. Email if ya want some pics or info.

8. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

Here's what you originally asked for...<a target="_blank" href=http://www.jmartin.net/goose/blower.jpg>Blower Schematic</a>