Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wiring diagrams

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Russell Keys, Nov 23, 2001.

1. Russell Keys

Russell Keys 1/2 ton status

Anyone know of a website that has wiring diagrams? I'm doing some underhood wiring a 76 blazer and the Haynes manual sucks. It shows the wiring to be the same from 73-76 and I have all those years and none of them are the same. Thanks, Russell

2. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

The chilton 1969-82 manual seems to have better diagrams. It even has vac diagrams.

<a target="_blank" href=http://new.wavlist.com/movies/031/ag-blow.wav>"I ain't nobody, dork."</a>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/bigkern76>http://www.geocities.com/bigkern76</a>

3. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Don't know of a website but I have a service manual that I could look up stuff if that would be of any help. I'm doing some wiring stuff too on a 76, but I'm in the cab now.

4. Russell Keys

Have you found that the diagrams are pretty accurate as far as wire colors? All the lights are ok, it's the alt., ign., and a few other wires I'm having to hook up.

5. Russell Keys

I have seemed to have gotten mad and thrown my Chilton somewhere I can't find it. I have discovered you need both books. They both have their good sections and then they have their "damn, what the hell are they thinking" sections. thanks, Russell

6. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

So far the diagrams I have are accurate. The toughest part with my rig is the mods that the previous owner made, in odd colors that aren't consistent.

But I digress... I've spent quite some time going through everything and the diagrams haven't been wrong yet.

If you give me a list of what your questions are I'll look it up... I thought about scanning the diagrams but I don't think they'll come out. Real small and too light to reproduce well.

7. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Here you go dude,
    I hope this can help some.
    I scanned a couple of wiring diagrams for the 76 year that it applies to and posted 'em on my website for you to check out.
    Let me know if there is some specific things in the wiring diagrams you need me to look up &amp; scan for you.
    PM me if you need me to email em to ya or anything.
    <a target="_blank" href=http://communities.msn.com/Ryans1972Blazer/wiringdiagramsforrussellkeys.msnw>http://communities.msn.com/Ryans1972Blazer/wiringdiagramsforrussellkeys.msnw</a>

Ryan B.

8. Russell Keys

thanks, I'll take a look at it tomorrow and see if that looks anything like it. Oh yeah, nice burnout! - Russell

9. Russell Keys

The wiring I'm needing help with is the left side of the wiring block on the outside of the firewall. There's about 8(?) wires in question. I think I have the blue and purple figured out, but there's two red ones and two brown ones , or maybe one brown and one orange. Then a light green. Well I'll have to look tomorrow and see for sure. maybe get locations on where they are in the wiring block. Thanks, Russell

10. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Hey-
    I found &amp; posted a couple more wiring diagrams that might help.
    They are diagrams of the alt. and ign. Like you said you needed and theres some other things... like the wiring for the sending units for your gauges etc.
    Check out the diagrams...

11. hammer

hammer 1/2 ton status

having wiring problems with my 84 wiper motor and washer. Just buoght a new motor for $50 (complete at local parts store)didn't solve the problem, washer doesn't work and I picked up the Haynes repair manual and it sucks. wipers work fine except when you start the truck they turn on by them selves for like 3 times then turn off. delay, low, and high work great no washer.

12. Nitrodrip350

Nitrodrip350 1/2 ton status

13. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Hit a larger Library. Most have the Helm Manuals on Micro Fisch. They seem to have about the best wiring diagrams I have found. They are year spicific. 10 cents a copy of the pages you need. [​IMG]

Women dig dents and flat paint!
    coloradok5.com/gallery/Grim
    75 Jimmy, Dollar
    Grim-Reaper

14. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

go to eBay or half.com and get a Motor Manual. They are the best as far as I am concerned, except for maybe a factory service manual.

John

Like to go sloppin' 'round in da mud in a rapid fashion....=)

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/albun31?&page=1>See my pics here</a>