Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wiring driving lights

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by retroblazer, Sep 19, 2004.

1. retroblazer

retroblazer 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Anybody pass some wires though a 94 Sub fire wall lately. I have to run some wires for lights and was debating about drilling and grommeting or using an existing pass though. Any thoughts before the torture? /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Did it to our '94. I found a rubber plug in the firewall, near the steering column, and just punched a hole in it to run the wires through. I dabbed a bit of black silicone goop on in afterwards, just to make sure that water wouldn't leak into the cab. They were fairly small wires though, since they just send control signals to the relays under the hood.

There's a write up and pics at http://www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck/tech_articles/Light_Install.htm /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. retroblazer

retroblazer 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Thank-you. This was exactly what I wanted.

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Good luck with the install! I'm VERY happy with the light output now. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif