Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

wiring for a 6.2?

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by DieselFreak, Mar 18, 2003.

1. DieselFreak

DieselFreak Registered Member

Planning to rewire the diesel as the old wiring is in *hrm* need to be changed. In other words they`re just one big mess. The guy that wired this must have gone by the method named "connect, turn on, run". (Do I have to tell you that I'm a perfectionist?) Well now to the questions:

1) Can anyone of you reading this mail me the electrical wiring over the 6.2 model? My e-mail is in my profile

2)Is there anyone that wants to scan some parts of a -86 6.2 Blazer Manual (english) for me?

<font color="purple">Drive a diesel - Be happy</font>

/forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif <font color="red">DieselFreak</font> /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. Txstruck

Txstruck Registered Member

I have it all!! Anything in particular you wanting or everything?

3. DieselFreak

DieselFreak Registered Member

is it too much work for you to scan the whole thing? my little brother had some fun a week ago and ripped the whole manual intotiny, beautiful pieces /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.

4. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    is it too much work for you to scan the whole thing? my little brother had some fun a week ago and ripped the whole manual intotiny, beautiful pieces /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

5. Txstruck

Txstruck Registered Member

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How about I burn you a copy of the CD I have. It has all wiring schematics and part rebuild schematics with part numbers. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

6. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

Can I get a copy of all the wiring for the 6.2 also I am helping a friend get his running again.... Thanks

7. rustyk5

rustyk5 Registered Member

hey ICEMAN,
    what is a perkins 5.9? cummings related? where'd you get it? Also how do the 3.08 and 35" run. Probably great mileage, how are they as a daily driver and off-road. I have the same ratio and currently have 31, but just found a great deal on new 35's($250)
    thanks for the info.

8. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Might it be possible to have a copy of that CD sent to me as well? PM me if you can

9. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    hey ICEMAN,
    what is a perkins 5.9? cummings related? where'd you get it? Also how do the 3.08 and 35" run. Probably great mileage, how are they as a daily driver and off-road. I have the same ratio and currently have 31, but just found a great deal on new 35's($250)
    thanks for the info.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Perkins is a british engine.
    It was found in early P30 vans in 4 cylinder form, and mostly in farm equipement and boats in 6 cylinder form.
    They are not related to cummins although the same displacement and sizes.
    I got the truck with it already installed, I am still trying to find more info on it.
    As for the gears, I had 3.08 and 33" when I got it, I thought it was too low for highway and off road it was doing great, I put the 35" on it and on the HWY now I can get to 70MPH if I scream the engine, but off road it's still fine.
    Now I have a tow truck and I tow it to trails so I am putting the 3.73 axles I have and we'll see what I get off road.
    It should be like 31" on 3.08 but remember I have 410ft lbs of torque unlike the 6.2l GM. and mine is turboed.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

For info on this engine go to Caterpillars engine site, and search for the 3056. This engine is still in production under the Cat name and is usually used now in industrial, marine, and genset applications.