Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wiring for Power Windows & Power Door Locks

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Mingler, Jun 3, 2002.

1. Mingler

Mingler Registered Member

Guys,

Just hooked up with some new doors for my 87 Blazer! Mint shape, power everything, previously...Manual everything. The next step is wiring them in.
    Does anyone have a schematic diagram of the wiring from the doors to the fuse box??
    Lots O wires and NO idea what goes where.

Would love a little help with this one.
    Thanks.

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

I can tell you they have a single power feed. My wife managed to kick it out while I was out of town LOL.
    Hit your local Library. The bigger ones usualy have the Helm service manuals on Microfisch. 10 cents a copy for what you need.

3. Mingler

Mingler Registered Member

That's a good idea. I'll have to check that out.
    Thanks Grim.

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Go to the wrecking yard for that power feed wire. Get one of the accessory plugs so that you can just solder it into the PDL harness, and plug it into the fuse panel. I didn't go with PW, so I'm not sure how those are wired up entirely, but the PDL's have a relay thats bolted to the brake pedal assembly IIRC, and everything else plugs right up, as the harness is at least 3 pieces, maybe even 4, all joined with connectors, except *maybe* the power wire to the relay.

5. SAVAGE1

SAVAGE1 1/2 ton status

I've got a complete harness for sale from an 87... no wires cut. I PM'ed you.

6. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/album/27261776qkYQyBOIQW>1985 wiring diagrams</a>