Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

wiring for tail lights

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Neil, Sep 20, 2001.

1. Neil

Neil 1/2 ton status

anyone have a wiring diagram or know where I could find one? I bought my K5 with a towing pigtail wired in and I think they messed up my wiring for my rear turn signal blinkers. Thanks

Neil H. Alabama.. "It's a full size thang, Jeep owners don't understand!!" '78 K5 400ci 4x4 AT,AC,PW Cheyenne., '74 C10 4x2

2. TwoCrowsDesign

TwoCrowsDesign 1/2 ton status

Neil,

I have the diagrams for 1989, but don't know how good they will be for a 74, anyone out there know?

PM me so I can pick up the message at home, that'll remind me to do it when I get home

John

3. Goose

Goose 1/2 ton status

I have a diagram, but no way of including it. You have 4 wires going to the rear of a '74. Dark Green(DG), Green/Yellow(G/Y), Brown(BRN), and Light Green(LG). Brown is for the tag light, and all parking lamps, Light Green is for the reverse lights, Dark Green is for right turn signal, and Green/Yellow is for left turn signal. After the main splice it the rear bumber, the Greeen/Yellow is just Yellow. The Brown tag light wire turns to Black for it's last foot or so. Every other black is for ground and connects to the other side of every lamp.