Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wiring Harness

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by fmf_corpsman, Apr 4, 2007.

1. fmf_corpsman

fmf_corpsman Registered Member

Any body have any suggestions for a wiring harness for the back half of a 90 GMC Jimmy. Thanks in advance.

2. AZ79K5Project

AZ79K5Project 1/2 ton status

Are you talking tail lights, trailer hookup and fuel tank stuff or what?

3. fmf_corpsman

Pretty much from the firewall back. I cant figure out what the problem is, it has no left taillight. It has brakelights both side. I have no cigarette lighter power. The hazards flash fast and weak. I figured it might be easier to run all new wire than to track that down. I checked the filament in the bulb, but they were all good.

4. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

You might start by changing the flasher. When a flasher goes bad the lights usually flash rapidly and sometimes dim. Also bulbs are cheap enough that i would replace them all. Sometimes the break in the filament is in an area you can't easily see. Also the bottom of the bulb where the connections are sometimes gives a problem. I'm not talking about the connector that the bulbs goes into but the bulb itself.

5. fmf_corpsman

OK< im willing to try anything. I have to drive on Base, and they are real strict about that crap. Thanks. Well see what happens

6. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

yup, start with the cheap replacable basics.. bulbs, flashers, connections, grounds, etc...

You can test sections too... disconnect and check the harness plugs in the back by the bumper.. while apart send 12v thru the turn, etc lead directly to the taillight, that eliminates from that point back as a prob, etc...

7. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

Grounds are the single most leading cause of the troubles you specify. Check your grounds back there.