Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wiring help please!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 80K5, Dec 12, 2001.

1. 80K5

80K5 1/2 ton status

My right indicator is acting wierd. It never works but today I tried it and it worked but it was blinking very slow compared to the other side that works fine. what could be wrong? Is it just a bad ground wich I think it might be and if it is the ground are they grounded near the indicators? Oh yeah its a 1980
    Thanks in advance

Stuck? Yep, I'm always stuck!
    Steve!

2. 81Bogger

81Bogger Registered Member

One time when I was wheelin' kinda hard, My knee came up and hit the column/turn signal switch, after that, for about 2 weeks, when ever I had the lights on, the right signal light would light up and stay on..........when I put the right signal on, it blinked, then go back to bieng lit up solid when the signal was off, ANYWAY, about the time I was sick of it and ready to start crawling over the wires,(a week or so) it when back to normal. Crazy.
    But anyway, I would say check the normal stuff, ground wires, ect........also check to see if it's just the Indicator light that's slow, or the actual turn signal. I would imagine that there is some kind of regulator switch somewhere that makes it go "blinky blinky" maybe that's goin??
    -hope any of this helps. [​IMG]

<font color=red>81</font color=red><font color=blue>Bogger<font color=blue>
    "<font color=blue>Mud under tire, and Fords in the rear view...<font color=blue>" [​IMG]

3. hammer

hammer 1/2 ton status

Try putting you 4 way flasher on and see what happens, yes it might be a ground problem. Remove the tail light it will be right behind it. It might be something like water getting back there and starting to rott the rear end and the taillight ground is right there. If it is a ground move the ground or leave that on there and put another ground wire from the tail light ground to ground some where where there is good ground

<font color=red>Let me at it I can break it</font color=red>

4. 80K5

80K5 1/2 ton status

My 4 way flashers work fine. Could this mean something else is wrong?

Steve!

5. hammer

hammer 1/2 ton status

try adding another ground wire to that side thats the only thing I can think of at the moment cuz you can never had to much ground in your truck.

BTW I run 4 gauge ground from the battery to the engine then engine to frame in the front and them frame to body in the rear(had to many ground problems before) and now I am set up to weld on the trail without burning any tiny ground wire up

<font color=red>Let me at it I can break it</font color=red>

6. 80K5

80K5 1/2 ton status

Ok thanks for the help I will go try that when its done raining.

Steve!

7. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

All of your bulbs on that side are working correctly, including marker lights, brake, and parking lights? Easiest thing to check for is a bad bulb.

Dorian
    My tech/links page: <a target="_blank" href=http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html>www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html</a>
    Why insist on counting when the ring gear has the tooth counts stamped in?