Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

wiring help

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by blazinzuk, May 31, 2005.

1. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I am having some serious wiring problems I put LED taillights in my blazer and now my taillights are not functioning properly. Not just LED bulbs I put in oval LEDs like you would see in a trailer. I have brake lights but only one tailight and my both blink when a signal I know the blinker may be a problem with the flashers, where can I get high quality flashers? Second I need a wiring diagram of the taillights with colors, my blazer is a 73 either e-mail me something post it or tell me where I can get it. I appreciate all your help I don't another reason to get pulled over

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Hope ya can get something from these :

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I need to know which wire controls the taillights and which wires control the turn signals I also would like to know if anyone thinks the LEDs aren't putting enough resitance to the flashers.

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Should be dark green , brown for the colors. Can't be sure off the top my head which controls which tho, but those are the colors. You shouldn't have a problem with the resistance on those LED lights. Just look at tractor trailer rigs and boat trailers and such, they have been running them for years.

5. ColAdo82K5

ColAdo82K5 1/2 ton status

6. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I do recall that certain LED's cause problems with the flashers as you mention.

I would imagine the manufacturer of the lights should be able to tell you whether or not that should be an issue.