Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wiring on 6.2 injection pump when installing in old car

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by BelAir, Oct 4, 2002.

1. BelAir

BelAir Registered Member

Hi again. See previous post, I am installing a 6.2 from a 83 van, into a 59 Chevy Biscayne. Now the 59 does not have an engine control harness. What are the different wires on the injection pump for. Anyone have a diagram? I can deduct from looking at it that one wire controls the magnetoswitched idle relay(probably raises idle when cold?). And I would guess there to be an on/off diesel cut magnetowalve. But what are the other wires for?
    What needs to be done to install the engine using as less electronics as possible?
    Sure would appreciate any help.

Regards from Norway, Joe /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. 4x4_76

4x4_76 1/2 ton status

Hello fellow Scandinavian/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Here's what I did to my ex-gasser Blazer:

I took the wire that went to distributor,cut off the connector,and soldered about 0.5meters same sized wire on it.Then I spliced it,and put connector to it that went to fuel cut-off solenoid.Then I took the spliced wire to a temp sensor that is on top of the RH head.Then I took it back to injection pump,and spliced the wire again to go fast-idle solenoid,and to a second terminal on injection pump(the one that is more rearward),a cold-advance.

And what comes to glow-plug system,I have heavy-duty relay on fender,that is controlled by a push button.

Alternator and starter wires don't need modifications.

Almost forgot,batterys.You will need two of them.I have one big one,180Ah,but its yet to find out how it's gonna work in winter time.I think I need to swap bigger cables on it soon...winter is coming/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I hope this helps.