Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wiring on a m1031 cucv is there a flaw in the wiring ???

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by 84CUCV, Jul 22, 2002.

1. 84CUCV

84CUCV 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Once again I was told there was a flaw. It is my fathers new chevy. I charge the batteries and it starts right up. The next morning nothing at all. What could it be?

Thanks

2. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

A whole number of things!!! You have to trace the short!!! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

3. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

K10ANDYKHAMNIC 1/2 ton status

I read somewhere that the blackout switch being in the wrong position can kill the batteries.

4. DieselDan

DieselDan 1/2 ton status

I've "heard" that story about the light control switch being left on draining batteries but I've never really proven it. Our trucks (still got seven CUCVs) sit sometimes for 30 days at a whack, still don't draw down. You can test it by disconnecting the one side of the batteries and checking for voltage between the post and the cable. Watch out for additional lights added to the rear compartment. Contact Trucks didn't come with any, and mechanics being mechanics usually add some.

The only "flaw" that I know of (w/M1031's) is the cluster of a harness that runs on the driver's side frame rail. About under the drivers butt, the wire sometimes get fried by the exhaust pipe. Check here FIRST. Alot of highway time really heats up the pipes . /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

5. 84CUCV

84CUCV 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Thanks guys for the help. Mike