Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wiring Park/Neutral and Backup lights to B&M floor shifter

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BadDog, Jan 2, 2004.

1. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Ok, anyone remember the details of hooking up the park/neutral switch and backup light switches to a B&M shifter? I can't seem to find my wiring schematics. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

So, too things:

I need the park/neutral hooked up to signal the ECM for proper operation.

I need backup lights in reverse.

Off to look for my schematics, TIA...

2. BadDog

Ok, just found them. For the archives...

Park/Neutral is off pin B10 on the ECM with an Orange/Black Wire going to the switch, then to ground.

Backup is dark blue hot coming from fuse block to switch, and lt green going to the lights.

3. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

By asking about a transmission shifter I assume you got the tranny from Fred and in already? Maybe the next run you'll say "I can go" instead of "I wish I could go" /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif (having never met you Russ I assume you to share some sarcasim)

4. BadDog

/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Nope, the shifter I'm working on is in the K5. It was switched to a B&M but they never hooked up the backup lights or the Park/Neutral, so I did that today. The ECM need the park neutral and not having it was part of our driveability problem.

As for the buggy, I have to go pick up some heli-coils tomorrow, ran out of time today. I'm reusing the same Th350 but it should be mobile again in the next week or so as I get time to put it back together. But I'm not going out again till I also have time to build a real skid...