Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wiring question – power mirrors from 90 Suburban

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by djohnsn, Jun 22, 2003.

1. djohnsn

djohnsn 1/2 ton status

I am replacing the doors on my 78 Blazer with doors from a 90 Suburban and have a wiring question. I have the power windows and door locks working, but I am not sure how the electric mirrors are wired. The left side has three wires (yellow, white, and blue) The right side has five wires (yellow, white, blue, orange and black). I am guessing that the yellow, white, and blue wires from one side are connected to the matching wires on the other side. The black wire is probably ground and the orange power. Can anyone confirm this? What size fuse is used for the power?

2. vince13

vince13 1/2 ton status

can't help ya with that one but if you don't mind me asking how are you putting 90 suburban doors on a 78 blazer, do they just bolt right up??? got any pictures

3. djohnsn

djohnsn 1/2 ton status

The 90 Suburban doors are basically the same as my 78 Blazer doors (except for some rust and dents). The 90 doors use different window regulators and wiring, but these swapped over from my 78.

4. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

I have 4 .jpg's that make up a complete mirror wiring diagram for a 91 (I'm sure it's the same as a 90), if you want them let me know where the send them (each approx 400kb). /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. djohnsn

djohnsn 1/2 ton status

6. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

I just sent them to you. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif