Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wiring Question

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by IGOR, Dec 12, 2003.

1. IGOR

IGOR 1/2 ton status Premium Member

My buddy bought a '71 K5 a while back, and we're finally getting around to getting it running this week.

We got the wiring all figured out - excpet there are two relays to the right of the wiper motor (as you look at the firewall towards the cab) with several wires (3 or 4 I believe) coming out that we have no idea where they go. The harness is different on my '72 with AC - so that's no help.

I tried searching and found the link that somebody posted about the engine compartment wiring harness which was helpful to get the starter going.

We've got the starter wired, got the coil wires marked, got the temp wire hooked up - alternator is completely hooked up.

These wires have two little metal tabs in their harness (look like they belong under a valve cover) as well as a large tab (looking like it goes to the tranny/engine bolts)

Any ideas?

We're stumped... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

3. IGOR

Yeah - that's the one we had - thanks though Chris...

4. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
    They controll the TCS solenoid.It an emissions thing.Most likly the solenoid is long gone.It should be at the carb if it is there.
    It prevents the vacume advance from kicking in untill the car is warm and in higher gears.
    In other words...it's not needed,get rid of it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. IGOR

Cool!

Thanks - Bob! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif