Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wiring Question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 70jimmy, Jan 29, 2001.

1. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    Well its not K5 related but I figured if I could get help anywhere it would be here. 1981 Honda Prelude. Dont Laugh its my kids car. It quit and is totally dead jumping didnt help. Only thing that works at all is stuff you dont need the key for ie horn, hazards, cigarette lighter, interior light and headlights. No power to dash at all no click or anything on ignition switch and even while being jumped no wipers, blinkers or lights that come on with the ignition switch in on position. Cables all look ok. I am curious about in the steering column. there seems to be a short in the headlight switch on the signal and I thought maybe a wire broke or got worn through in the column. Could this be it or any other suggestions on where to look. Thanks.

2. Smitty

Smitty 1/2 ton status

With it knocking out major systems like that I'd be looking for a burnt fusible thermal link or fuses for the systems. If you find burnt fuses or links you'll need to find what caused them to burn (the fun part). Just remember to check one thing at a time or you'll end up with a rats nest.

Smitty