Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wiring questions

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 70jimmy, Feb 18, 2005.

1. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    Wiring questions (pics added)

I am re-assembling my dash after about 1.5 years so some things aren't real fresh in my mind.

There is a plastic box with 2 wires coming out one side and it looks like there should have been two wires going in the other side. The box is 1 inch tall by 1 inch deep by 1 and 3/4 wide. Inside of the box the wires are soldered to a piece of copper. I only have one wire going in the one side and it goes to the fuse panel and is connected to a spade in the spot labeled ignition unfused. this is on the lower right of the fuse panel. I am wondering if this was the power for the stereo? Thanks.

Did I mention I hate wiring. I am trying to get everything working again and then I will probably just replace the harness.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2006
  2. 70jimmy

3. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

That to me looks like the power and ground that came off an aftermarket stereo. You are correct in thinking there should be 2 wires coming out of both sides of the box.....1 power and 1 ground on each side

Last edited: Mar 17, 2005
  4. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
    Poss. a relay of some sorts?
    All I know is that our Blazers never had anything like that installed from the factory.
    Sorry I can't provide more info.

Hopefully someone else can I.D. this mystery box!

5. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Duno:confused:

I would just chuck it and move on. I riped alot of unused wires and inline fuses from under my dash when I did my gage cluster. It is amazing how much collects under there over the years and thru the different owners.

6. OLD DAWG

OLD DAWG 1/2 ton status

Yep that's an old stereo connection. I think it was used to dampen voltage spikes(not positive). Looks like your havin some fun now:D

7. 70jimmy

Thanks for the responses!!

Now to get back to wiring :crazy: :mad: :( :eek: :dunno: :screwy: :yikes: :hack: :angry1: :grind: :weld: :whistle: :1zhelp: :doah:

Whew good thing most of the stuff has only 12 volts!!! Hmm why is my hair getting curly and what's burning?????