Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wiring Tips for Blazer without Carpet?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Qubit, Mar 29, 2002.

1. Qubit

Qubit Registered Member

Anyone have tips on how to run wire in a blazer with no carpet? I took out all the carpet/padding out of my blazer, and sprayed on Herculiner. I will be upgrading my stereo (adding subs, amps, etc) and I'm worried about hiding all the wires that I route. Should I put something down so that the wires are covered? I really don't want to lay down carpet, however...

Thanks!

2. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Metal conduit underneath the pan.....run all the wires through the conduit and have it come through on the inside everywhere you need the wires to be.

The only catch would be to install it so that water could not get back down into the conduit and rust them from the inside-out.

3. NoSmog73

NoSmog73 1/2 ton status

To add to greg idea run the power wire on the seperate sides of the frame to make sure you don't get any whinning noise..jm2c

4. Zepplin

Zepplin 1/2 ton status

I had 2 Rockford Fosgate 3.5" in front and a pair of 6x9's back by the rear seat. I mounted 2 small amps and a crossover in the glove box. I then mounted my CD Player in a Tuffy center console. The bottom of the console is open so I drilled a hole through the floor and up into the engine compartment. Then went through the fire wall into the back of the glove box. I ran the speaker wires to the back speakers in conduit and never had any problems.

This was in a totally gutted interior in my 74 Blazer. No one knew I had any amps in there or a CD player for that matter.
    I left the stock knob radio is the dash to deter the would be thief.

It sounded pretty good for using a pair of amps that were over 8 years old.