Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

wiring up lights

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by NEK5, Apr 24, 2006.

1. NEK5

NEK5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

ok today i finished wired up my lights up front and up top and i have three swithches...1 for the 2 up front which has a relay and a fuse, another for the two middle ones on the top which also has a relay and a fuse, and another for the outer 2 that just has a switch and a fuse....so my question is can i make it so i can have all of these run on one switch?? or does someone know where i can get a switch to hook all of them up???

2. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

Sure, just run another "master" switch in parallel to the other 3 switches. It will activeta all the relays at once

3. NEK5

well i think i`ve changed my mind for the reason that having all off them on at once kind of drains the battery a bit so i think i`ll just stick with having seperates....i dont really think that i`ll need them all on at once but they will be good incase of an emergency or something of that sort besides i love how they look

4. AZ79K5Project

AZ79K5Project 1/2 ton status

You can have both. The master can turn on all the switches that are in the ON position by placing the master as the main power feed to the input side of the other three. The master can kill all three at once if they are all running.

5. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

I personally don't like the idea of one switch running all lights at once, i like to have some control over what lights and how many are on at onec,,

posted these before, but check this out,,my current setup..:crazy:

Last edited: Dec 10, 2006
  6. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

and then of course the two on the front bumper, all wired with seperate relays, and fuses,,, took me some time to run all the wiring and setup for this,,,several hours actually.:doah:

the roof light bar has 10 forward facing (6 of which are 100 watt bulbs) two side facing (55 watt ea.) and 5 rear facing (55watt ea.) the two on the front bumper are 100 watt each, and i have rewired the headlight so that all four light up when the high beams are on....

ALOT OF LIGHT

Last edited: Dec 10, 2006
  7. NEK5

i`m assuming your battery drains down a bit when you have them all on?

8. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

to assume,,,would be a HUGE understatement,,,,i am in serious need of a second alternator, or a high power one, and definately a second battery, just haven't gotten around to installing them yet.

but yup, friends tell me while we are wheeling at night, if i have them on for awhile and try to talk on the CB, they cannot understand what i am saying, it just comes across garbled, with every light on and engine running, the volt guage will drop down pretty low.

haven't used them in some time now though, kinda turned into a "webwheeler":doah:

9. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

Just use em on the street to piss off the guy in front of you :wink1:

10. AZ79K5Project

AZ79K5Project 1/2 ton status

This looks like it would be a master switch???:confused:

100_1697 (Small).jpg

11. NEK5

well this is what i ended up doing....i fudged up the harness for the middle 3 on top so they are justs dec.....the top switch is for the front 2 (55w each) and bottom switch is for top 2 (100w each)

and man do they give out some light!!:D

PS dont try and flex on your mothers rock wall on a hill then try and go in reverse......it just aint happening

Picture 046.jpg

Picture 043.jpg

12. NEK5

well this is what i ended up doing....i fudged up the harness for the middle 3 on top so they are justs dec.....the top switch is for the front 2 (55w each) and bottom switch is for top 2 (100w each)

and man do they give out some light!!:D

PS dont try and flex on your mothers rock wall on a hill then try and go in reverse......it just aint happening

Picture 042.jpg

Picture 046.jpg

Picture 043.jpg

13. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

no, that is one for the front bumper lights, but it has since been replaced with the same style as the others.

no "master" switch, all switches work certain lights, and all switches run through relays.:crazy: