Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

wiring wiper motor and squirters...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by RootBreaker, Jul 14, 2005.

1. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

:doah: Ok so got the newer column in (sorta not all bolted in yet.. was trying to wire it...)
    anyhow...
    got high beams wired good (glad I cut out all the plugs out of the donor truck)

wipers... ok so this is weird.. at first I put all colors together...meaning....

pink in my harness to pink
    black to black
    purple to purple
    grey to grey
    black/purple to black/purple

ok so this didnt work... different things.. like put on high and it is low... low doesnt do anything...

so upon further looking..

ohmed black to ground....
    ohmed pink back to pissers
    ran jump box from ground to black
    ran jump box red to pink... started peeing.. so i know those 2 wires...

I will label out the plugs on each side and colors with letters and see if anyone can figure this out... greatly appreciate it..

on column
    A - Pink
    B - Purple
    C = NO WIRE (truck plug has 6 wires this has 5???)
    D = Black
    E = Grey
    F = Black/purple

on truck harness key on (volt or no volt)
    A = Grey (supply voltage and dash lights come on????)
    B = Black
    C = Grey (voltage)
    D = Purple (voltage)
    E = Black
    F = Pink

ok I tired putting all letters together and that didnt work.. tried putting all matching colors together and still no go

so since the truck plug has black for ground and pink for washers... shouldnt those match the column? also what would the others be?

CAN ANYONE HELP ME??? if not I will wire it and just have low wipers....

2. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

so glad that no one bothered to post....

I feel so stupid... I had a dead battery and didnt realize it... I plugged it all together... jumped the truck and turned them on and viola... wipers work...
    however my squirters dont work.. think there is a problem in the column then...

the pink wire under the dash... if I supply power to it, the squirters work... so for now the squirters are still on a toggle switch... until I get my clutch in and winch comes in then I will try and get that... dash looks awww so nice...
    also while finishing the column I changed my last gauge to one with not just lines but also to one with numbers too..