Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

wiring

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by blazin78, Oct 25, 2004.

1. blazin78

blazin78 Newbie

i drive a 78 k-5 454bb i had a fuel line rupture, and caused a engine fire, i have fixed everything but i am having a problem with the electrical. it fried my ignition module, parts of the column, under the hood and most of my under the dash harness. i rewired most but still having a problem with a short. i checked over everything replaced the fuses; start the truck and about 2 min down the road i get a flash and i lose all the lights in the truck besides my head lights. any info please let me know /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

If I've got this right the '89 alt is what you want to run in the '87, but the wiring is different, correct?

alt adapter I think is what you need. A few on this site have used that piece, hopefully they chime in and confirm. Im not 100% on that, but hopefully saves someone else from digging up the part number, and they can just say yes or no as to if it will work for you.