Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wisconsin trip labor day

Discussion in 'Blazin Trails' started by 77k5bogger, Jul 24, 2003.

1. 77k5bogger

77k5bogger Registered Member

Hey everyone me and about ten other friends are going to be heading up to lakewood to wheel for the weekend. We will be camping at McCaslin Mtn. campground and we already have sites with electricity reserved. We will be riding on the trails on the mountian, and maybe hit up the pipeline as well. Im not sure about the pipeline because they are giving tickets to anyone who has tires over 35", if tires stick out of the fender wells and a host of other stupid things. So pretty much if your truck is big you will be ticketed. If anyone is intrested in comin let me know. Its a great time. Derek /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. 77k5bogger

Anybody /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

3. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Don't think I'll make it...still trying to see if I can get off and go up the weekend before labor day weekend.

Would you like a list of all the WI CK5 members so you can PM them? Maybe put this up in the Midwest forum too. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. 77k5bogger

Yeah a list would be cool. will put it up in the midwest fourm also. Thanks Derek /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

5. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

heavy4x4 (Delafield, WI)
    Polaris (Rhinelander, WI)
    nofeartruckin00 (New Berlin, WI)
    rugger03 (Kenosha, WI)
    SS66 (Oconomowoc, WI)
    woody9 (Warren, WI)
    77k5bogger (Winneconne, WI)
    dodgetruck91 (S.E. WI)
    Nikk (Lacrosse, WI)
    Fletch79 (Southern WI)
    89K5mudder (Random Lake, WI - Sheboygan)
    outsider223 (Gillett, WI - Green Bay)
    crazykev4x4 (WI)

^That's the list I've compiled over the last year or so...may not be complete, may have some members that aren't on here anymore. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. bigwishlist

bigwishlist Registered Member

Im from sheboygan and Im interested in going. Ill keep in touch. Thanks for the invite.

7. nofeartruckin00

nofeartruckin00 1/2 ton status

Like heavy said, I'm going up the week before. Labor day is just nuts! Yeah its a blast to watch all those trucks try different parts of the trail, but its a litte too much for me. Now where's that Wuss icon for me........

8. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

I am trying to catch up with what the Wisconsin crew is up to with their trucks and came across this. So were you there? I was! What did you do/where did you go?

9. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Andrea, how was it? Did you run both trails again like we did in July? Any pics/stories to share? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

It was ok, but I liked wheeling with you guys better. The trail that curved around & went up the steep hill, to the rocks, to the overlook - was covered in downed trees from a logging operation. I had GPS coordinates for the Cement Mixer & Mission Impossible, along with a GPS. However, the other 5 drivers that I was with preferred to go rip up a trail on National Forest land /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif They have no regard for treading lightly. I want to go back this fall without them & spend a weekend on McCaslin /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif. Wisconsin 4 Wheel Drive convention is next month on the 11th & 12th so not that weekend (it's in Eau Claire). Also this weekend is the March of Dimes ride in Antigo. I can hardly wait. I just got done shaving my 14 bolt (I got stuck a lot Labor Day Weekend, even on 35's) and fixing my CB. I also fixed Trevor's brakes on his 1 ton. Busy day! I'd better quit babbling so I can take care of my family & go to work! Let me know what you have been up to!