Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wisdom Teeth

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by thezentree, Sep 6, 2005.

1. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

Yea, so in about 2 hours, I get some laughing gas and the scalpel. All four of my wisdom teefs are comin out. I hope I get some wicked painkillers....Any advice?

2. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

I had all 4 yanked at once too. Go home, go to bed, make nice with the pain killers. Get used to soup, milkshakes, and other "soft" foods for awhile.

Mine were all impacted and had deeeeeep roots. They had to quit in the middle and call in an oral surgeon. :eek1: freaked me out man...

3. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

No advice, but I remember getting mine removed after I couldn't ignore the pain anymore.

Be glad you're getting them done now, mine grew impacted and one of the few things I distinctly remember of my honeymoon is my jaw killing me. I also remember changing a head gasket on my camaro in near-blind agony...

4. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

I had a 4 removed couple months ago, 2 impacted. Was in pain for a good 4 days.

5. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

I had mine pulled about 8 years ago. The doc just numbed me up and popped those suckers right out. I had a milkshake and salty fries for dinner :eek1: . I was back to normal in about 2 days. I also had no cutting just pulled em out.

Ira

6. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

still got mine...

Mine are impacted and sideways in my jaw!--every dentist I've been to said they will be hell to pull,and to not bother if they dont cause me any pain..

I have a few(maybe more) teeth in horrible shape,I really need to get them yanked or filled if its even possible to salvage them..I hate going to the dentist--the one I had as a kid was a sadistic SOB,and I still have nightmares about him,even though I've been to several others since..Iwont have many left when they are done with me probably... :(

I've put it off as long as I can,hoping my medicaid plan would re-instate their dental and eyeglass coverage,but so far they havent--they will cover "emergency" treatment,and its about to that stage now!--getting a job with dental benifits is practically a fantacy now(or any other health benifits)...if I ever want a chance to get laid,my teeth got to go!..no woman will go near a guy with rotted teeth,at least here they wont! :doah: ..not that I ever get the chance anyway--but why have TWO strikes against you? :rolleyes: :crazy:

7. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

I must be a mutant... no wisdom teeth :D

8. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I had all four pulled at once. 1 impacted. I started with the oral surgeon. I went in on Thursday morning, counted backwards from 100, got to about 97 and woke up Saturday night. I had a little pain for a couple of days but was back to school/the bars by the next Wed.

9. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

My mighty jaw has enough room to let mine grow in

10. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Lots of nitrous, bad musak and a Dr. and 3 nurses on you chest all singing along to bad musak, while the gas kicks in hard. I've only had stranger experiences with exesive amounts of LSD chased with whiskey and pain pills. Think Fear and Loathing to be a vacation from the things I've seen..Good luck. :D

11. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

I had all 4 of mine removed at once a few years ago, the bottom 2 were impacted. :doah:

You 'll be sore for a couple of days. When I went in for a check up a few days later, the oral surgeon joked that he almost had to put his boot on my face and pull to get them out. :eek1: No wonder I was so sore! :doah: :doah:

Just make sure someone close by has a video camera to get the footage of you eating that malt when your mouth and chin are still numb. Makes for funny reminising. :haha: :haha: :D

12. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Not a wisdom tooth, but I just lost a tooth. Now I have that Chris Benoit look going on. Toothless aggression.

13. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

Hopefully your insurance is better than mine was, 7 years ago had ot have them pulled and all they gave me was a 5mg valium. Two impacted and the dentist actually used a hammer and chisel to get some of the pieces out.

14. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

i had mine removed in '01. they put me under via IV. They told me to count backwards from 100. I made it to 97, then I was gone. Woke up a few hours later, took some pain killers, then went on about my business. My jaw never bothered me during recovery. Believe it or not, schedule it by the Farmer's Almanac. Try to get it when the black level is below the knees.

15. PhoenixZorn

PhoenixZorn 1/2 ton status

Nah, you are just evolved... Wisdom teef aren't there because they make you smarter... some people only have 1, some have 3, some have all 4, and some have none. Wisdom teeth were originally there to replace all the other molars humans most likely lost by the time they were 16-20 years old, and since most humans in the dawn of humanity only lived to about 24-28 years old, they didn't need another set of teeth after the wisdom teeth came in.

Your teeth come in at stages of life, which in the old days meant your appetitie grew, and you ended up eating more raw meat, which meant you needed more grinding and tearing teeth. Of course, eating raw meat is sometimes like eating frozen fudge, and teeth would pop out, get crushed or be yanked due to pain, so a new set was needed every few years. Since we cook our food now, we don't really need wisdom teeth anymore, which is why most guys in the military get them yanked at their first available dental appointment... so they don't have to be done later when you should be out fighting a war or something.

16. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Sorry, but, impacted? What's that? I have to get all 4 taken out, but haven't done it yet...

17. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

got good drugs from the dentist. I weren't planning on working that weekend but. Would just have to ask the boss how good i was feeling. Only got one out in a few pieces.

Ain't nothin' wrong with feelin' good.

18. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

Amen to that. 2 hours ago I was about to shoot myself from the pain, but now. well, now my whole body is numb. Thank God for oxycodone. :bow: :haha:

19. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

I'm lucky also, no wisdom teeth. matter of fact, only had 2 cavities and just started going to the dentist 6 yrs ago. :D . when I first went, he shook his head in disbelief :haha: :haha: .

20. Russell

Russell LB7 Tahoe Status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I had mine taken out several years ago as well. They put me under via IV as well. Told me to count down from 100, cept I made it to 72, counting normally, before I suddenly woke up in another room with a pounding headache, lol

I made the big mistake of trying to walk as soon as I woke up. My father was out in his truck talking on his cell while I was in the recovery room, so I figured I'd stand up and go meet him out there. However, those anesthetics apparantly make you a wee bit on the un-balanced side, and I quickly wound up flat on my face, which was odd in itself, cause I didn't feel the impact, but knew it shoulda hurt real bad, lol. Blacked out, and woke up again in the bed, sat there for about 20 minutes before I could stand up with some help and make it to the truck.

I didn't get back to school for about a week and a half, the pain was just too intense, but from what I hear, that isn't the norm, cause I got what they call a dry socket, in every single hole :S Not nice at all!