Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wish me luck!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by skratch, Jun 2, 2004.

1. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

I'm heading in for foot and ankle surgery in the morning.
    I'm getting a tendon from my foot transplanted into my ankle and my heel cut off and moved over about a 1/4" and then reattached with screws!

Wooo Hooo! /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

I got more bling bling high dollar metal and parts in me than my truck!

Hopefully I'll be awake enough to let ya'll know how it went tomorrow night.

2. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Wow... good luck! How long will you not beable to walk for?

3. eightyone

eightyone 1/2 ton status

sounds pretty damn painfull /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif why do they move your heal over /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif anyways, good luck, i knwo anastesia(sp?) is dangerouse. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

4. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Wow /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Good luck and let us know how it went /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

5. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Good luck! Maybe we should be wishing the dr. good luck...

6. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

My Mom just had hip replacement, you'll do fine... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Just go out there and win one for the "Gimper" /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

Thanks guys. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

According to the Dr. it went well with no problems, all I know is I'm in a ton of pain right now.
    I have a picture of the screw in my heel I'll have to scan in and stick up here later.

But I did take the truck out for a spin this morning before I had to leave, I'm gonna miss driving her for a couple months.

As for why my heel had to be cut off; my leg just above the ankle was twisted after my big wreck and the way it was set caused a slight deformation of the lower leg. That compounded with the torn tendon in my ankle has cause my foot to sit twisted to the left when I walk. In order to fix it/compansate for the leg, a tendon from my foot was taken out and put into my ankle and the tip of my heel bone was cut off and trimed at an angle to get my foot to sit straight when I walk. Kinda like shimming an axle to get the pinion angle right.

Now I have an excuse to hang out here a bunch over the summer and buy parts that I can't put on till fall! /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif
    I'm thinking 4" BDS lift, 35" SSR's and a set of rock sliders /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

9. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

wow sounds like quite the process to get it fixed How long are you down for until you are all healed up?

10. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

Well, I can't walk for at least 6 weeks right now, then who knows how long before he moves me into physical therapy, then after that occupational therapy. It's gonna be awhile yet before I'm back to work. Heck as of Saturday it'll have been a year since the accident that caused all this.

11. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif six weeks? That's harsh! I couldn't do that, I'd go insane /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

12. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

Here's my heel, the dark line across the bone is where it was cut and trimmed and the screw is obvious!

Well, I spent about 3 months in a wheel chair after the wreck so this isn't too bad. Plus I have the crutches and I'll still get around a bit. Just no wheeling or working on the truck for a couple months /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif