Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wish Me Luck!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by diesel4me, Dec 27, 2004.

1. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Getting ready to go plow the driveway after our wonderful foot + of snow last night-:surepal: -40 mph winds all night,snow drifts 3 ft deep!!--I hope the diesel starts,its 20 degrees out,luckily I had put it in the garage yesterday to unload and cut a truckfull of firewood(now I have a backache from that,and I have to shovel the walks and steps Grrrrr:mad: )--I hate winter!!--and I'm praying the truck or the plow doesnt give me any greif--I have plenty without this--and I get to drive my sister 70 miles home later today too,and I hear on the TV the roads are littered with jacknifed tractor trailers and cars spinning out--just what I wanted--a white christmas one day late..this sucks...:frown1: :frown1: :frown1: :frown1: .

I need more room in the garage--I had to leave the 79 C10 outside,now its bed is full of snow--when it melts in the shop it freezes up and makes tons of ice on the floor--not fun to lie on while you fix something...maybe if I didnt have 2 cords of wood,a huge 3 phase air compressor I cant wire up here,and a dozen other things in the way,both trucks would fit---:p:

2. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

Good Luck, I don't miss snow after hearing one of those stories:grin:

3. 86chevybanshee

86chevybanshee 1/2 ton status

good luck, i got about a foot and a 1/2 here, i had to use the snowblower to clean off the drive way, and now i have to fix my frame around the steering box, put a new front clip on, put a new engine wiring harness in, and finish my flatbed,put in the 14bff i just rebuilt, put the disc brakes on it, all by the end of this week and this stupid white stuff everyone is excited about is pissing me off:angry1:, and i dont have a garage

4. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

if it doesnt start at 20 degrees out then its seriously got soemthing wrong with it

i dont know why ppl get excited over white crap either, no clue, its nothing but trouble

good luck

5. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Good luck. We just had 5 inches here and below freezing for 4 days which is wierd! I do not miss that part of Chicago! However it'll get better. We've got a high of 65 today. Hope yours turns for the best too.

6. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

We got 5" of snow in the last 2 days when I was down in Victoria. Not a good thing to come how with. I heard some where that shoveling gets your heart beating faster than running a few kilometers, maybe I will shovel my long driveway and burn off christmas goodies:grin:
    I hate snow:mad:

7. zeroz400

zeroz400 1/2 ton status

Im pretty lucky right now, im just north of Chicago and we have no snow! Everyone else around got coveredpretty well tho. The way i see it, if its gonna be cold, there might as well be snow.

Later

8. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

Sounds like you all need some mountains. Head up the hill to play in the white stuff when need be, then leave it where it belongs and head home.

9. 86chevybanshee

86chevybanshee 1/2 ton status

well i wouldnt mind it if my truck was driveable, snow wheeling is the best:waytogo:

10. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I lived in Marlboro and Worcester for about 5 years and have nasty memories of the wet, heavy snow that you get around there! :p: The snow there is usually just short of being wet concrete. ;) I greatly prefer the light, fluffy powder that we get around here. :cool1: My little 5HP, single stage snow blower works great here. In your part of the country a dual stage works MUCH better.

11. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

No problems!!!

I got the yard plowed,the truck started fine!!(smoked the garage out though!:p: )--it was 6 degrees here last night with a good breeze blowing--not exactly nice weather!. I'd hate to breakdown in this kind of cold!...

Your right about the "wet cement" snow we get here--a few times we had snow 3 feet deep,right up to the doorknobs on my garage door!(blizzard of 78,96,99)--I barely got the truck out of the garage and one truck length away from it before I stopped dead--had to keep backing up and "batter ramming" it,slightly uphill to the top of the yard!--and was lucky I was able to move it--I had to beat the truck badly,had the rear wheels off the ground more than once,even with a few junk motors in the bed for weight!.(looking back,I guess I cant blame the TH350 for croaking in my 74 K20,after 15 winters of that!).snowblowers are useless 90% of the time here--they clog up instantly--and even if they dont,they blow the snow right in your face!--why put up with that when you can sit it a nice warm cab!!..(I would like one to do the walks and footpaths though--I just said screw it and used the truck to plow the walk to the front steps--F*** the lawn!!,I'll fix it in the spring!..

Now I have to bring my sister back home--didnt go yesterday,the highways were fine,but the side roads are atrocious--looks like the surface of the moon,ice 3 inches thick and full of craters--I am using my mothers caravan for that trip,and didnt want to get in trouble(my 82 K20 has rear brake troubles right now,not up to a long trip just yet,and I dont want to drive it 150 miles with the plow on it(might overheat,I havent driven it far on the highway(more than 5-10 miles) with it on....

I'm glad its not supposed to stay this frigid for long--I hate the cold and winter--its a waste of 6 months of your life(if you live thru it!)--I think its time for me to get a check up--after shoveling yesterday,I thought I was having a coronary--took 15 minites to get my heart rate back to normal(and several beers and a few shots to ease my aching back!)....:crazy: