Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wish me luck!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 84gmcjimmy, Oct 20, 2006.

1. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Well it's finally the time...
    In just over an hour I will be leaving to the dentist to get my widsom tooth taken out.
    I hope I don't have a lot of pain...

Wish me luck, I don't want to bleed to death....

2. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

I will do it for much cheaper. A bottle of JD and a pair of pliers is all we need....

3. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

Good luck!!! You'll need it:eek1:

4. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Well.....are you dead yet?

5. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Wisdom tooth???Steve may be in for more then he knows...

6. Ruthven13

Ruthven13 1/2 ton status

Ah yes... The good old wisdom teeth. I had all four of mine done at the4 same time, all impacted. Oh what fun it ws drooling blood on my pillow for a few days. And my mome thought it would be a good idea to go grocery shopping at the same time she went out to pick up my Percocet. Right after the surgery. Two hours later when she finally came back home I was about to strangle her! :D

7. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

mine are impacted--and still in me!

I was told my wisdom teeth are not only "Impacted",they are sitting sideways in my jaw!--but since they dont hurt,I opted to leave well enough alone!...I do have several other teeth that will have to be yanked most likely though..been a long time since I sat in a detists chair--feels more like an electric chair to me!...I HATE having toothaches,but hate gettig them fixed even more!..

But Steve will have no troubles..as long as there is plenty of NOX (laughing gas)in the bottle at the dentist,and if he's lucky,he'll prescribe Percocet or Vicodin pills to "erase" any pain!..my dentist only gave me Ibuprofin the last time I had an extraction--so I went to the liquor store on my way home!..Southern Comfort worked almost as good...:crazy:

8. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

RIP lil' buddy:( :(

9. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Well I survived...barely.

The dentist told me I wouldn't feel anything, just pressure because I would be out of it from the drugs. I felt like none of the drugs worked, I felt a lot of the pain... it hurt so bad. Nothing I want to go through again...it was horrific.

But afterwards at 3:00 now I am feeling okay. A bit of pain and discomfort...but I'm fine. I took some pain killers they gave me...tylenol #3.
    The freezing is still in my cheeks, tongue and lips so it's ackward...curious to see how I will feel later...

I was in more pain during the surgery than afterwards...the exact opposite he told me. I am not too happy with the doctor. But I guess its different for every patient. I do not remember some parts of it, so the drugs must have worn off or something. They had a towel or something over my eyes.
    It kind of feels like a minor clip from the movie saw... :haha:

Anywho..I will report back if I get worse...

10. FOR MUD

FOR MUD 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

It could be worst.It sounds like they will have to brake diesel4me's jaw if they ever have to pull his out!!!

11. Desert Rat

I've found you need to tell the dentist as soon as they start that you are in major pain. Then they will give you more painkillers. If you just gut it out, they won't do anything. I always tell them it hurts even when it doesn't, that way I know they will knock me out good......... I hate the dentist..

12. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

my WISDOM TEETH are all the hope i have. the thing i hate the most is the numb feeling 3 hours later.that drives me crazy cuz there is nothing to make that go away.:mad:

13. Desert Rat

But you can be the most popular guy in the locker room for a while........:haha: Nothing like having some friends around to slap you a few times in the face and laugh at your expense while you drool all over your shirt too.......

14. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

I had everyone of MY wisdom teeth pulled at the same time when I was 3 days shy of My 18'th birthday (Dad's insurance:wink1: ) I took one pain pill and that was it. I never felt an ounce of pain after about 2 hours of having them pulled. As a matter of fact I went to a party that night and had a good time. The only problem I had was about 3 days later I realized that My cheek was sewn to My gums:doah: I just reached in with some scissors and cut the suture and ended that problem......

15. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

At least you didn't have the Dentist tell you this the next day(and I quote) "You really made me work for those teeth. I about had to put my boot on your face and pull.":eek1:

I was like WTH? Yes, I checked in the mirror for tread marks on my noggin.

I had all 4 pulled at once.....two of them were impacted. My wife still laughs when we talk about my attempt at eating a Wendy's frosty after I came to........drooool.:doah: :haha: :haha:

16. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Well I guess mine wasn't as bad as others...I feel good today.

It was kind of funny trying to eat a milkshake with a spoon, more dripped out of my mouth and down my lip than I ate...of course I didn't notice until I look down at my clothes...