Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wish me luck

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, Nov 1, 2003.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Buddy just stopped in, haven't seen him in months but hes looking to convert his ford f150 to straight axle d60. He informed me local yard has a D60 for me over there. I'm headed over on monday looking and hoping. I didn't even bother looking over at that place or calling cause last time I was there they had no 4x4s above half ton.

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

good luck hope you find one /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Good luck, I never call, I just go....Often those asshats do not know exactly what is in their yard. Finding the swapped in acle could be a benefit too.

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

yeah I called every yard around here looking for a d60 and hydro clutch and they all said, oh let me check whats your number? I've never been called back by anybody even to say "don't have it". I know a chick that works over at that yard, she comes to my work daily so I will talk to her maybe she can hook me up.

5. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

I have bad luck calling the yards too... but I did happen to find my D60 in one. I talked to the guy at the counter and he said I could have ANY axle in the yard for $200!!! I scored the front and rear ends for $420 and they pulled them for me /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif