Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Witch front fenders?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by hawglet, Jul 31, 2002.

1. hawglet

hawglet 1/2 ton status

Just a min to stop a pray.... Dear K5 god please inform me of who makes the best fitting/looking as close to stock front fenders for my 84 as I got in a wreck about a month ago and found out that OEM is about 500 bucks.Do you know how the JC Whittney fit and look, they are cheap in cost,how about quality?....... Amen...... Thanks guys....

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

What about finding one in a junkyard?

3. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

I have been a body man for the last 13 yrs, some aftermarket parts look OK, some fit like socks on a rooster. I have never used any on our generation of GM trucks, but the next model up isnt too bad. Thats all I can tell you as far as fit and finish. Quality of the parts is consistantly under par. They are lighter weight and dont have good enough corrosion protection.

If you get them, find them local so you can dry fit before painting them, and return if ness. Fully bolt it up and see how it fits. Its a PITA but youll be glad you did if you get an ill fitting part, paint it, THEN discover it looks like junk. If it doesnt fit, return it and try again. I have refused some and got them replaced and they fit fine. Same company too! Go figure.

IMO find used. THEN try the aftermarket if you have to.