Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wives Support Group Of CK5er's

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Donna, Feb 20, 2001.

1. Donna

Donna 1/2 ton status

Wives Support Group Of CK5er\'s

This is in response to the message I read the other day with my husband. I want to start my own support group for the spouse's of CK5 that have to dust off those LARGE magazine collections. I often wonder who my husband is married to, me, the Jimmy, or this web site. He eats, sleeps, and breathes what he has done or will do to the Jimmy so we can play. I think HE isn't the only one who needs the help. He's beyond denial. So all other wives needing support please respond.

PS: I just had to join the CK5 site to be able to communicate with the husband. Maybe he will respond to my post. Then I will know he's still alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wayne's Muddy Wife
    Donna

2. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Re: Wives Support Group Of CK5er\'s

Hay Donna I'm still here.

Happy Trails
    Wayne

3. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

This is Tree's wife...I HEAR YOU!!!!...LOL. My hubby works afternoon turn...when he gets up in the morning until he jumps in the shower for work...he's on here...when he gets home from work...he's on here...on the weekends...he's on here...as if this isn't enough...weather permitting...he's wheelin'...then he comes on here to tell everyone about it when he gets home...I don't remember what his voice sounds like...but the webtv music...I hear it in my sleep...the magazine situation...that's a whole other Oprah Show...LOL. I've even gone to the trouble of putting them in order from oldest to newest...when asked "Why do you have to keep ALL these magazines?"...he answers "For the technical articles!"...WHATEVER!!!! I've even suggested getting some kind of folder...cut out the articles he wants to keep and throw the rest of the magazine away...haven't seen that happen yet...it's been 12 years...LOL...oh well, everyone needs a hobby!!!!!

"I'm not stuck...I'm just being as ONE with nature"

4. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

LOL !!

I know you'l get my wife in your group. Just dont hog the computers all night, allright? [​IMG]

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.espen88k5.coloradok5.com>http://www.espen88k5.coloradok5.com</A>

5. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

My hubby's the same way and he got me into it. Now it's like we're married and our trucks are our kids. Enjoy the sport, I do! There's a lot of neat stuff you learn and the biggest kick is when my hubby puffs up and tells his freinds that I can turn a wrench and it's cool to know he's proud of me. If I didn't know anything about trucks, we'd never talk!

[​IMG] Keep your feet dry [​IMG]
    http://muddin4fun.coloradok5.com

6. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Now you lady's don't come in here and start any trouble.
    This is a very respectable group here. They could be out at the bars instead of being in the garage with their head under the hood. They are at home atleast (except when we have a big trail ride). We are guiding the younger guy's here to be respectable.
    We get into deep theological conversations on how great our wives are and how lucky we are to have them. If you don't believe me do a search. Mine is so understanding of my K5 addiction she swipped my first K5 after I got it all fixed up and I had to get another one!

Diging it in the dirt with my K5's
    Grim-Reaper
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/>http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/</A>

7. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Holly crap-ola. Now my wife is going to be taking up my computer time. LOL!!! She is very understanding, as I used to be at the bar all the time drinking my money and life away. Now I just drink at home in the garage. So when its time to come home she can reach in the breaker box nad flip the circuit to the garage. I should have never shown her that one. LOL!!! But this site is addictive, but mostly just at first, then after a few months.... or years then you start to back off a little. So give them some time ladies they'll be back.

Will work for beer, parts and tools.
    90 Jimi,350/700R4/241/10bolts/4.10's/33's/4"
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com>http://www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com</A>

8. LadyReaper

LadyReaper 1/2 ton status

Get out of my head Donna! Sounds familiar. You mean you still dust the magazines?? I even stole his truck. He just went and bought another one! Theres no help for these fellas.

Grim Reapers better half,
    Janice

9. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Whoa fellas! You mean that you let your wife use YOUR computer? [​IMG] I bought my wife one of her own, so she won't always be looking to see what I've been doing. [​IMG] So now all of the bookmarks on my PC are for truck and computer stuff. All the ones on hers are for shopping sites... [​IMG]

I can totally relate to the magazine thing. At one time, we had a ROOM in our house that was filled with magazines. I kept saying that I was gonna take the time "someday" to catalog them and put some info into a computer database so that I could find old articles easier. Now that I can find out pretty much anything I need using the internet, I'm down to about 4 boxes of magazines that have Chevy buildup articles. All the rest went to that big recycling bin in the sky.... [​IMG]

Oh yeah, when I met her, she drove a car. Bought her the 4WD S-10 Jimmy in '91 and now she won't even talk about owning a car. "What the heck good are those", she says! These days she tools around town in her '94 4WD Suburban. She evens scoffs at people that have 2WD trucks or SUV's! If it ain't got a transfer case, then she can't see a use for it! [​IMG]

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://ThunderTruck.ColoradoK5.com>http://ThunderTruck.ColoradoK5.com</A>

10. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Hay guys I think my wife opened a big can of worms on this one. By the way Donna I'm still here. At least now I will be able to remember your name. hahaha You should be proud of me because I did get rid of alot of the old magazines when we moved. Love Ya.

Happy Trails
    Wayne

11. walt88

walt88 1/2 ton status

When you through in just one female into a group of men talking men things or enjoying a good time it gets ruined. One female will ruin everything, I have a girlfriend and it does happen, you know what i am talking about.

<font color=red>1988 Chevrolet K5 Blazer, Middletown, NJ (07737).</font color=red> wkeil@home.com

12. CanmoretteK5

CanmoretteK5 Newbie

I too am a wife of an addict of Colorado K5. We've got a great computer set-up though - it's right in our family room so one of us can watch TV and the other can go on the computer! The board has saved us a lot of time and money on truck repairs though! There's been some great advice. Since I drive our K5 all the time (we don't have a car) I like to have it running well. My gripe now is that damn racing game the board showed my K5 addict. It sure doesn't look exciting, but apparently it is.... This support is great, now I feel a bit more involved with board.

CanmoreK5's wife

13. CanmoretteK5

CanmoretteK5 Newbie

Thanks alot Walt88.

14. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

Hey Lady reaper, congrats on baby-reaper. You'll gonna get a login for her as wee-reaper? LOLL!!! Tell grimmy hey.

I told my wife about this post and she laughed her ass off. Said she was going to check it out and get her a login.

BIG CAN OF WORMS!!! Its all good. My wife goes with me on all the test runs!!!!

Will work for beer, parts and tools.
    90 Jimi,350/700R4/241/10bolts/4.10's/33's/4"
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com>http://www.nashvillek5.freeservers.com</A>

15. Josh

Josh Registered Member

My wife used to catalog my magazines. She even started to fill in a database for reference. Now she just piles them on the floor of my office. But she is starting to turn to the dark side. She finally went wheelin with me last time and for valentines day she bought me a '67 Firebird 400 :-) What a life!!

Josh

16. LadyReaper

LadyReaper 1/2 ton status

Wee-Reaper LOL!
    Oh I dont mind Grimmy's addiction too much. He's so perfect I have to have something to nag him about. Hahaha! I go riding with him and I even drove once.

Mine's the other K5 on this site.
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.grimsk5s.coloradok5.com>http://www.grimsk5s.coloradok5.com</A>

17. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

WOW.... she have a sister... I'm still looking for the girl to get me a 70 GTO. About only way I'm going to be able to afford a home for my 468 the way the Blazer craz is hitting.

1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI

18. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

LMAO! haha you guys and gals are way to funny! I am on here to much but only person that complains is my sister and mom haha!

[​IMG]

19. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

yeah you got it easy sly!!! Wait till you get a gf... Not all, but most ladies don't take too kindly to us gearheads, racers, and mudders. If you find one that will put up w/ it, none the less jump in like these ladies you gotta keep em... I think I missed mine when I was going 9's in the quartermile LOL That's ok by me though...

p.s. Better teach that kid to do the Karate Kid Crane kick if he's gonna get pudding boy hahaa

1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI

20. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

Hello all!

First off mrs. Grim, congratulations with your new baby-girl. Espen told me and I am happy for you. we got a girl a month ago and they really are much easyer than boys.
    I love big American trucks. Love to stand out a litle. Especially hear in Norway where these Blazers are rare.
    I think it is nice that Espen has a hobby he enjoyes so much, but he could help out more around the house, and with our 2 small children. He gets away with it to much !

Are we going to get CK5widow.com stickers to put on our cars?