Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WMD's

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by k5james, Oct 8, 2004.

1. k5james

k5james 1/2 ton status

2. backcountry

backcountry 1/2 ton status

Re: WMD\'s

It will be interesting to see how Bush explains this one! /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

3. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

Does not matter if they have them or not as far as I am concerned. It was very obvious that he could have had them and was actively working to build them, so what would you guys say if they had found some (which they very well could have)?

4. k5james

k5james 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    It was very obvious that he could have had them and was actively working to build them, so what would you guys say if they had found some (which they very well could have)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually the report stated that there is no evidence that they were actively working to build them.

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Ya know, if ya really want to get into a pissing match over this, I'm game.

1. There was WMD found in Iraq.

2. It wasn't a 'smoking gun' persay.

3. Even though I currently have four links opened with reports on #1, I would think that I will go ahead and withdraw myself from this one.
    /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

And #4..........................

K5james,

While we don't agree politically on a whole lot of stuff, I'm glad you have stuck around to throw these shots at us. You've been pretty respectful during these conversations, whereas I'll give you the same back.

I just wish your little buddy from up there in the North Woods would see you as an example.

Game Awn boys.................. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Oh, and one more word on the subject before I move off into the grandstands.....................

Syria /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

7. BlueBlazer

BlueBlazer 1/2 ton status

Your'e telling me that they did not have a chemical weapons program? Hell,they even used it on there own people, thats enough evidence for me right there. It may not be a nuclear weapon, but it could sure kill a lot of people.

8. k5james

k5james 1/2 ton status

If you would have read the link

[ QUOTE ]
    The findings were similarly definitive concerning chemical and biological weapons: "Iraq unilaterally destroyed its undeclared chemical weapons stockpile in 1991" and the survey team found "no credible indications that Baghdad resumed production."

[/ QUOTE ]

9. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

Would it have been better to let him build up a stock pile of WMD's, and then either use them or sell them to the terrorists?

Iraq had numerous violations of UN sanctions, adequate enough to justify going to Iraq and preventing Sadam(sp?) from building a stock pile.

10. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

How do you explain these quotes?.....

“Reason For Going To War Was Weapons Of Mass Destruction, Not The Removal Of Saddam Hussein.” (Sen. John Kerry, First Presidential Debate, Miami, FL, 9/30/04)

Kerry Said “Greatest Threat” Was Saddam’s “Miscalculation,” Not “Actual” WMDs. KERRY: “I would disagree with John McCain that it’s the actual weapons of mass destruction he may use against us, it’s what he may do in another invasion of Kuwait or in a miscalculation about the Kurds or a miscalculation about Iran or particularly Israel. Those are the things that – that I think present the greatest danger. He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat.” (CBS’ “Face The Nation,” 9/15/02)

“I’ve Had One Position, One Consistent Position, That Saddam Hussein Was A Threat.” (Sen. John Kerry, First Presidential Debate, Miami, FL, 9/30/04)

“We Now Know That Iraq Had No Weapons Of Mass Destruction, And Posed No Imminent Threat To Our Security.” (Sen. John Kerry, Remarks At New York University, New York, NY, 9/20/04)

“My Position Has Been Consistent: Saddam Hussein Is A Threat. He Needed To Be Disarmed.” (Sen. John Kerry, First Presidential Debate, Miami, FL, 9/30/04)

“Saying There Are Weapons Of Mass Destruction In Iraq Doesn’t Make It So.” (Sen. John Kerry, Remarks To Democrat National Convention, Boston, MA, 7/29/04)

“I Have Always Said We May Yet Even Find Weapons Of Mass Destruction.” (Fox News’ “Fox News Sunday,” 12/14/03)

Don't forget that there were quite a few nations, namely England, France and Russia who all had intelligence that pointed toward Saddam having WMD's. John Kerry saw the same intelligence that Bush did and he authorized the use of force. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

11. k5james

k5james 1/2 ton status

How could he build up a stockpile when he wasn't building them or actively pursuing them?

12. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
    The findings were similarly definitive concerning chemical and biological weapons: "Iraq unilaterally destroyed its undeclared chemical weapons stockpile in 1991" and the survey team found "no credible indications that Baghdad resumed production."

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So if Saddam was playing by the rules, and had no WMDs or wasn't working on any, then why all of the games with the Inspectors? He kicked them out, played hide and seek, forbade them from entering certain areas, sent them on goose chases etc etc. It must have been because he didn't have any.....or he hadn't moved them "off site" yet. /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

13. k5james

k5james 1/2 ton status

I would bet that he was grandstanding to keep Iran out of his backyard.

14. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

From the US Today article:
    [ QUOTE ]
    The 1,000-page report by chief weapons searcher Charles Duelfer, a document that President Bush said would represent the last word on the issue, confirms earlier findings and undermines much of the Bush administration's case about the Iraq weapons threat, though it does say Saddam intended to restart his weapons programs once United Nations sanctions were lifted.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
    "The former regime had no formal written strategy or plan for the revival of WMD after sanctions," a report summary says. "Neither was there an identifiable group of WMD policymakers or planners separate from Saddam. Instead his lieutenants understood WMD revival was his goal from their long association with Saddam and his infrequent, but firm, verbal comments and directions to them."

[/ QUOTE ]

That's enough for me.

Saddam was playing games with the US and the rest of the world to see how far he could push things. I have no doubt that he would have built up a stock pile in due course once sanctions were lifted.

15. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

[​IMG]

16. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, I lied, I'm coming back in. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

You're saying that Iran was sending the 'we're coming to kick your a**'message to Saddam?

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

17. k5james

k5james 1/2 ton status

18. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That is some backwards thinking! /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif
    "Yea, I'm gonna keep being a thorn in the side of the world so when Iran invades I will have lots of friends (the UN) come to my aid! /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

BTW....any response to Mr. Kerry's quotes? /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

19. k5james

k5james 1/2 ton status

He's too arrogant to lean on the UN. He'd rather make himself look like some great and powerfull leader to keep them at bay.

Regarding the quotes. Why don't you post the entire source they were found in so we can take them in their full context. I'm sure if I felt like looking I could drum up similar quotes from GWB.

20. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, we trust Saddam when he promises that he destroyed all his toys because we truct everybody. The survey teams were all UN, and as we all know, the UN is the most credible organization in the world today. That's why Libya and China are on the Human Rights Commission. We trust the French and German inspectors, beacause they would never try to hide the fact that France and Germany were selling weapons to Saddam during the sanctions.

Get real. If I buried 20 tractor trailers full of dogcrap in twenty different locations in the state of California and told the entire population of said state to find them, they could never find them all. What makes you think that we would be able to find a similar load hidden in Iraq with less manpower and under hostile fire? What if they are in Syria now? Wake up.