Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WMS to WMS on dualie axles

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Feb 27, 2002.

are they the same or is the rear wider?

<font color=blue>You think you're excited, feel my nipples!

</font color=blue>

1. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

It really depends on which axle you're looking at. A Dana 70HD from a dually pick up is considerably wider (roughly 11"), on the other hand a 14 bolt from a cab-chassis dually is a good bit narrower (I don't know how much).

For the newer round body trucks, I think that the 14 bolt from duallys are actually the same axle as the single wheel axles. I not 100% sure though.

80 K10 w/ 468 and 1 ton stuff
    You don't scare me, I got chunks of guy's like you in my stool!
    www.nvrenuf.fws1.com

2. what is a cab-chassis dually?

</font color=blue>

3. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

A cab chassie dually is just what it says, a cab and chassie. They are usually topped off with a big box like a delivery van, a flatbed,etc

Hope this helps.
    Tom

Don't follow me, I won't make it.

4. ahhh, those. sorry, was being a bit tarded [​IMG]

</font color=blue>

5. top

</font color=blue>

6. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Me again.... I dug up my notes from my own Dana 70HD project and here are the numbers I got. My axle is from an 83 K30 dually pick up, it is a Dana 70HD and measures 73 1/2" from WMS to WMS.

Just in case any one is interested, my current axle is a 14 bolt from a step van (which is a little wider the a stock pick up rear axle), it measures 70" from WMS to WMS. I don't know what a pick up rear end measures but my 14 bolt seems to be the same width as my 60 front (most rears are a little narrower than the front).

Hope this helps!

80 K10 w/ 468 and 1 ton stuff
    You don't scare me, I got chunks of guy's like you in my stool!
    www.nvrenuf.fws1.com

7. RGF

RGF 1/2 ton status

14bolt FF WM to WM measurements:
    C/C -63"
    SRW-67"
    Van -70"

You can swap the bearing hubs from the C/C on to the SRW and make it a narrow rear or the other way around, they use the same axle shafts.The difference is the WM location depth on the hub but your 4bolt backing plate flange will not end up right but thats not a big deal if your going with custom built discs.Determined this for a Jeep guy who wanted a 14 but not the width!

RGF

8. what i was trying to figure out is if a guy had a one ton set of axles off a dually, are the wms to wms the same on the d 60 as they are on the 14 bolt.

my whole point to this was to be able to run hummer wheels with their large off set on dually axles and avoid any steering clearance problems. didn't know if the dually rears would stick the wheels out too far and look funny

9. RGF

RGF 1/2 ton status

The rear will end up being much narrower than the front with the hummer rims on dually axles.D-60 SRW front is 69" and the dually 60 is about 8" wider WM to WM.So that would make the front 77" and would not have any clearance problems.
    If a wide dually rear is 73 1/2" like was said above then your front will hang out there,the hummer rims have 7+ backspace so the front might not look to bad but the rear will not look right.
    I have a set of the hummer wheels and considered doing something like that and decided not to change all my plans just for some silly rims!!!

RGF

10. could you use 1.5 inch wheel spacers in the rear??? want to sell those silly wheels to me?/forums/images/icons/smile.gif did you get the civilian or military versions?

11. RGF

RGF 1/2 ton status

I have the military rims, I think Im going to hold on to them for now anyways.
    Yeah you could put the spacers on the rear if you dont mind having yet another maintence item on your rig.
    Thinking out loud again...... how about putting the dually hubs on a 67" WM to WM Dodge D-60 front, get you closer to the rear track?

RGF