Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WMS will never see another penny from me

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by koldsimer, Feb 14, 2006.

1. koldsimer

koldsimer 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

After spending $2,000+ with vendors this last week, I am extremely dissapointed. Apx. two weeks ago I placed an order with Wagonner Machine Shop in Oklahoma. I have always liked their products and I figured I would give them a shot. I specifically ask the guy (Keith) if he has the items I need in stock (Dana 60 detroit and slugs) He tells me that the locker is in stock but he only has two colors of the hubs available. I pick the hub color I want and ask him when it will be shipped. He tells me tomorrow. One week later I call asking where my order is. He tell me that he shipped it out that day and they should be here tomorrow. Tommorrow comes, no package. I call back and ask for a tracking number. He tells me that he will call me back to let me know whats up. I wait at home all day for the call.... nothing. The next day, last friday, I call asking him where my stuff is. He then gives me a tracking number. Guess what, the tracking number doesn't exist. I call back to tell him this and he says that I should call fedex to find out why?! I ask him if he has sent any package to me and he replies, "yes, I personnaly sent it yesterday". Why no tracking number that works then? Monday comes and I call asking what happened. He again tells me he will call me back. 5 hours later I call asking if they have any info for me. He tells me that he hasn't shipped me anything because thay are waiting on the slugs! I ask if he remembers me specifically asking if they were in stock. He says "yeah, i'd be upset if I were you to." I tell him to make it right or I will never do business with them again. So I wait all day yesterday for word or my package that doesn't exist. I call back at about 4:30 yesterday and ask to speak with Kyle Pope, the vendor who "runs" WMS. Keith tells me that he doesn't know anybody by that name. WTF! Well, my package shows up today with a locker that isn't even boxed or marked and NO FUGGIN DRIVE SLUGS! Oh yeah, it was sent yesterday! So, to summarize.... WMS lied to me several times regarding my order and will never see another penny from me or anyone who will listen to me. They may have a quality machine shop, but there customer service is horrible and they lie to their customers. I hate to badmouth any company that supports our sport and makes revolutionary products for us to enjoy. However, they had numerous chances to make my order right and they dropped the ball every time.... I still have no drive slugs either.

2. koldsimer

Just wanted to let everyone know that I just spoke to Keith again up at WMS. Apparently, they have been going through management/owner changes and some parts got caught in the mix up. He was apologetic and offered to do whatever it took to make it right. I am happy that he was genuinely concerned and he seemed to actually care that I was so pissed off. I just wish he had told me what was happening from the beginning so I wouldn't have been led on. Oh well, at least he is trying to make it right now. I may give them another chance in the future. He guaranteed me he would take care of me if I did order from them.

3. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

I'm glad Keith took care of the situation for you.

As an FYI, I don't work for WMS any longer. I was working there doing online development and online sales, not the owner ;)

KP

4. K30Blazer

K30Blazer 1/2 ton status Premium Member

sounds like a friggin cluster to me.

5. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

No kidding? Well their loss anyway.

Time for you to build another site. :D

6. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

working on it ;)

KP

7. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Im sure this is related to the management/owner change over. I know when I ordered my DCA from them in October, the service was top notch. Hopefully things will smooth out... because they have my slug order right now... and my DCA shaft too... :( :confused:

j

8. Citizen Rider

Citizen Rider 1/2 ton status

Dang man. That sucks. Any clue when the slugs will be in?

You gonna have the detroit in before brushy creek this weekend?

9. walla2k5

walla2k5 1/2 ton status

Sorry to hear about this.Thanks for the heads up....

10. thebigdaddyof2

thebigdaddyof2 1/2 ton status

WTF...no more Casey and John Sumner???

Sorry to hear about your trouble with WMS. Customer service USED to be #1 with them...

11. RubberFloorMat

RubberFloorMat 1/2 ton status Premium Member

ya i never got my sticker either....

or any info/pics on bumpers.

12. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

I don't know if John will continue to be with the shop or not, but I don't think Casey will be around after the buyout is complete

RubberFloorMat...

Don't know what to tell you :( It's all out of my control now, I'm just another guy on the sidelines watching it all happen.

KP

13. RubberFloorMat

RubberFloorMat 1/2 ton status Premium Member

eh dont worry about it, im just gonna make my own.

14. koldsimer

He told me that he sent them overnight and they will be here wed. I tend to have some hope because he did overnight the detroit 60 yesterday. I should be locked up and ready to go this weekend!

15. AKbigsub

AKbigsub 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Forgive my ignorance. In the context of this thread, what is a slug?:confused:

16. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

A slug usually refers to an internal gear set that replaces a locking hub. Drive flanges are the equivilant for replaceing an external locking hub. Basically, in it's simplist form, it's a splined peice of steel that locks the axleshaft in full time, all the time.

KP

17. AKbigsub

AKbigsub 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Thanks!

18. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

I guess I will never see my sticker either.......another 5 HP down the drain.