Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WOB - Playing at work --- Cool Pic - Updated

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Todd78/87, May 19, 2000.

1. Todd78/87

Todd78/87 1/2 ton status

This is a virtual pic of what I'll be doing in a few months when I get to Alaska[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Todd 78/87[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Alaska Bound

2. Kodiak

Kodiak 1/2 ton status

Re: WOB - Playing at work --- Cool Pic

Hope there are not any salmon in that creek. Oh wait, thats a river up here. If my 4yr old can't throw a rock across it its a river. Some people get pretty excited when you drive those big tires across a bunch of salmon. It will cost you plenty. It is kind of cool though to see those big silvers washed up on the bank. Truck fishin I think is what they call it.

3. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Todd,
    Looks like you're gonna have lots of fun. Also, looks like you're slacking at Work! ahha. Congrats on your truck man. You worked really hard on it, and now it is really paying off. Have fun.
    Boss

4. Todd78/87

Todd78/87 1/2 ton status

Yeah, No doubt, Kodiak,,,, but they get kinda smelly, hehehehhe It's cool to watch the bears too. I saw 7 bears last september in 5 days!!! Here's new version of that pic,, talk about truck fishin'...

Thanks Boss,,, I plan on have $##%# loads of FUN!!

Todd 78/87[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Alaska Bound

5. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

Beautiful place Todd. Looks like paradise to me.

BTW, what wheels do you have? They are similar to my 79's, only less spokes. I'm trying to find out if mine came with the truck or if a previous owner swapped them.

<font color=black>//////
    What the heck!...Drive it like gas is $0.50/gal!!!
    </font color=black>[​IMG]

6. Todd78/87

Todd78/87 1/2 ton status

Hey Blazer79,, I have no idea! [​IMG] I just called the guy I bought the blazer from,, he was at lunch, so if he calls me back, I'll let you know.

Todd 78/87[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Alaska Bound

7. Kodiak

Kodiak 1/2 ton status

7 bears in 5 days isn't bad. I think the most I've seen is about 30 in one day. I'm sure you will see more than you want soon enough. The only bad thing about a blazer is its too small to take your fish home. Well I guess it could be tied on top but I think it would cover up the windshield. Once they get over 400 pounds it becomes too much work.

8. Todd78/87

Todd78/87 1/2 ton status

I've got the fish thing covered.... I'll be pulling about an 8x16 enclosed trailer up there,, so I'll just take it fishing with me to bring home the big ones.[​IMG]
    30 in one day!?!?!?!?!? Damn dude,,,, I sold my Sig 226 .357Sig/.40 S&W and bought a S&W 629 Classic .44 mag 6 1/2" to carry as my fishing gun.

Todd 78/87[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Alaska Bound

9. mudfanatic

mudfanatic 1/2 ton status

I think that those wheels came as an option on 1/2 ton trucks and Blazers for a couple of years. I'd love to find a set of them but I've only seen one set in the last year and they wanted $500.00 for the set, more money than I have and my rig rolls down the road just fine on its rusty chromes[​IMG]
    Dan

<font color=red>get involved with land issues or lose the land</font color=red>

10. Todd78/87

Todd78/87 1/2 ton status

They might be similar, but these are less than a year old,,, I know they're aftermarkets, and I'm pretty sure he
    told me the brand name once... but I don't remember what he said they are.

Todd 78/87[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Alaska Bound