Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wobble

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Toad, Apr 5, 2001.

1. Toad

Toad 1/2 ton status

I get a wierd wobble when going slow. I notice it on the pavement when going about 5 mph. Kind of like a rocking motion from side to side. I've had the tires balanced but it still does it. Could the tires be out of round or could the axle shaft be slightly bent? Any ideas?

2. doonjumper

doonjumper 1/2 ton status

Check the tires for any obvious bulging. You could have a tire separation. If you don't see anything obvious then try different tire positions. Rotate your tires front to back or left to right. If the wobble changes then it's your tires. Make sure you mark all your tires so you know which position they are in before you start.

3. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

This might sound silly, but...
    Are you on mud tires (Swampers, BFG MT's, etc)?? Any tire with big lugs will have a little bit of slow-speed vibration/shudder as it rolls from one lug to the next.

Couple more suspects: Bent axleshaft (10/12-bolt rear), bent hub assembly (any front/14-bolt rear), bent wheel.

[​IMG] Semper Maintenance!

4. 89Blazin

89Blazin 1/2 ton status

I'd switch the wheels around and see if it changes. Bent rim a possibility....could still balance out ok. Anyone of the wheels have a lot more weight added to it to get it to balance?

85 Burb and an 89 Blazer
    One just for fun, one simply for pleazer

5. 89Jimmy

89Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I had the same problem. When I checked the ball joints they were loose. Replacing them cured the problem. Best of luck.
    John

So Much to do, So LITTLE cash.

6. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I also had this problem and had a loose balljoint....

<font color=green><A target="_blank" HREF=http://emmett.coloradok5.com>http://emmett.coloradok5.com</A></font color=green>[​IMG]

7. Toad

Toad 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the replies. I didn't think about the balljoints. I'll jack it up and check it out next week and check the tires too. Thanks.