Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WoHoo!...Good day- TWO cool new toys in ONE day!!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Zeus33rd, Oct 16, 2003.

1. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

My new 42's came in on the truck to work today....They just barely fit in the back of my little truck for the ride home. They're actually stacked up about 6 feet to my left as I type this. Wasn't gonna leave them in the back of my truck parked on the street....4 42's take up alot of space in a small appt. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Second cool toy-
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2563974063&category=45030&rd=1
    Been workin on gramps for the last year or so to buy one. He's been wanting one for a long time anyways...So I finally convinced him to get that one...I can FINALLY start actually producing a few more of the 14b covers I make. Well, thats after I do all the stuff for Gramps that I had to agree to do, for him to agree to buy that thing...

Pics of the 42's on Friday. Thier gonna get grooved beforew I even bolt them on the truck. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

That's awesome man! Sounds like a fun day.
    -Andrew /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

3. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Geez, what do you do for an encore at Christmas time????

Getting new toys is great, enjoy.... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Sounds like a great day! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

[darn].... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

lucky you, those are some nice toys. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif good deal. plasma cutter *drool* 42's *drool*. lucky. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

The Hypertherm rocks, I got a 1000 and it cuts 3/4 plate like butta; thickest I have cut yet. I got my Hypertherm 1000 new for $2k shipped from Idaho.

8. Zeus33rd

[ QUOTE ]
    The Hypertherm rocks, I got a 1000 and it cuts 3/4 plate like butta; thickest I have cut yet. I got my Hypertherm 1000 new for $2k shipped from Idaho.

[/ QUOTE ]

The 900 is the discountinued older model equivelant to the 1000. Pretty much the same thing for the most part. I think the max reccomened capacity for the 900 is 7/8" with 1 1/8" severance capacity. Got this one for $1595 used. Comes with 6 months warranty left on the power supply, 25' torch, a bunch of exta tips/electrodes and the owners manual of course. Not a bad deal I think. /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

9. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

plasma cutters are so pimp. they are spendy though too. they make lower end models? i'm not gonna cut anything much thicker than 1/4" plate... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

j

10. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

once you get a plasma cutter your not cool anymore /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    I want one SOOO bad /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Wow, and I thought the winch I bought today was cool. Boy was I wrong!

12. Zeus33rd

[ QUOTE ]
    plasma cutters are so pimp. they are spendy though too. they make lower end models? i'm not gonna cut anything much thicker than 1/4" plate... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

j

[/ QUOTE ]

As far as I'm concerned Hypertherms are the only way to go. Every shop I've worked in has had either the Powermax 600 or 900. Great machines. And yes HYpertherm makes smaller stuff...You'd probably do well with the Powermax 380. I think that one will run off 110/220. Can't remember. The 900 runs on either 220 or 440. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

13. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

have to look into it, thx for the tip. Really, this thing would prolly be used to cut basic sheetmetal as often as it did "thicker" stuff like .120 or .250... doesnt seem like it'd take much of a PC to do that kinda metal... /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

j

14. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

How are they comparable to ESAB? My buddy has one and really likes it. Just curious. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif