Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Woman camping out in front of Bush ranch

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 89GMCSuburban, Aug 7, 2005.

1. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Mrs. Sheehan is protesting the war, saying "Bush killed my son" This lady met with two members of the cabinet for 45 minutes, and when they explained the reasons for the war, she says, "I don't think you believe that" She wants an immediate troop pull out and for Bush to send his daughters there. What do you guys think?

2. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

I think she should get a ticket for illegal camping.

3. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

i think its another bogus war and politicians send the troops and not their sons/daughters most often so they do not worry about it as much. and so everyone knows i was in iraq when the war started in 2002. i was the msb hat ran suplies in our trucks for the front line and in front of that for our whole division. so im talkin out of my arse here. we were sposed to be looking for all the weapons of mass destruction and found none. seems people forget about things like that :doah: now i do not know what the reason has changed a time or two since i was there why we are still there. :dunno: i just hope there will be a peace that is attainable in the iraqi children's lifetime. they could really use it poor souls.

4. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

:haha: there is such a thing? :rotfl:

5. Desert Rat

Absolutely, just ask sheoldblaze.

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

The way I see it, there is no draft, you have too sign up, so I don't see how she can blame Bush. No one forced her son too join the armed services. I feel for her loss, but praise her son for his sacrafice for all of us.

7. Desert Rat

And I bet her son would be absolutely against her politicizing his death.

8. mr_clean

mr_clean 1/2 ton status

We're still there because we took out the dictatorship and if we pull out now the insurgents will basically pull a junta and take over the country. Then we'll be looked at as the country that ruined Iraq.
    We have to help establish a valid form of government to get Iraq started and save face with the rest of the world...

9. fordeater

fordeater 1/2 ton status Premium Member

and it sucks for bush cause basically damn if you do, and damn if you don't. Everybody just has to have somebody to blame for things not being perfect, and it has basically turned into the presidents job. Plus, alot more people sit around crying and gossiping anymore, its pretty sad

10. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

I had a class with a guy whos family owns a ranch next to Bush's. Most of the locals there don't like him being there, because the place is always crawling with secret service and media.

11. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Did she not know what the Army was when he joined? It's a little bit different than McDonalds. Maybe that's where he should have worked if his bitch mom was so concerned about his safety.

I'm tired of listening to whinebags who enlist to get college paid for, or think it's a cool job because you do nothing but ride around in a Hummer all day and shoot guns, and then when a war comes up the reality of what the Army really is smacks the sh!t out of them... then they cry.

I have great respect for our troops, including my brother, who do their jobs and don't complain. The sissies like me shouldn't even bother joining - it's not an easy job.

12. K5Chris

K5Chris 1/2 ton status

:waytogo: i agree

13. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

100% agreed

14. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

totally agreed. I've often considered joining, but if I do, I know its not just another job, its puting my life on the line to protect other people and this country. Far too many people think its just another job anymore.

All I have to say is, if you really oppose the war, talk to some armed service personnel. I haven't found one yet that opposes what they are doing.

15. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Well said.

That depends on where the McD's is located. There are some that would be safer in Iraq. :D

16. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

agree 100%. Many people sign up and want college paid for as well as the other benefits the military offers. BUT, when they are called to do what the military does, which is fight, they whine and complain. Unfortunately death is part of war. When you VOLUNTARILY sign up, that's a risk YOU choose to take.

17. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Are you 15 or something? You sound like all those other high school/college U2 and Eminem worshipping goons.

1. It is the military's JOB to go fight wars that the government starts.
    2. If children of politicians enlisted, I'm sure they'd spend time in Iraq themselves. Do you realise what kind of crap would start flying if we started sending untrained civilians to a war zone?
    3. Thanks for doing your JOB in 2002. I'm sure that makes your words the truth more than anyone elses.
    4. Do you not remember that Intelligence reports showed there were WMD's in Iraq? Do you not remember EVERYONE saying let's go get them? Do you not remember that EVERYONE was disappointed when none were found? Have you not heard the theorys that perhaps they were destroyed, moved out of the country, buried, or whatever? All are possible since they knew we were coming if they watched the news.
    5. The reason we are still there is to fight terrorism and build up a new government. We went over there and in a few weeks, created an Anarchy. Obviously, a country with no government would quickly lead to chaos, so we stayed and are helping them set up their Democracy.
    6. Besides all that, we have terrorists running around blowing themselves and hundreds of other people up. It would be stupid for us to leave now, and someone needs to go down to Texas and explain this to that woman on the side of the road.

It sucks that her son died, but that's the cost of doing business. We are at war, we're not playing on a playground. I'm sure the kid is watching his mom, telling everyone that he doesn't know who that crazy woman is throwing his name around like he's her son...

18. Grieby54

Grieby54 1/2 ton status

Here here Capman. I couldn't agree more. Michael Moore running around telling politicians to sign up their kids is the dumbest thing in the world. I'll bet some politician's kids are signed up. But telling them to send their kids to war isn't right. It's THE KID'S CHOICE. The people in the military are there to serve their country. It is their job. If Bush lost a spoon and thought China took it and wanted to go to war, then that's what you do. Don't sign up if you only want to go if the war is for your reasons. That's not how it works. That would be like signing up to work for Kwiki Lube and refusing to change the oil on a vehicle because it's a Ford and you don't like Fords. So what... it's your job, if you don't like it, don't sign up.

19. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

What do I think?

I think, like any parent who has lost a child, that she is deeply saddened by his loss, and wants to point a finger of blame at something .. or someone. I think her drive is purely out of sadness, and not "against or government". As a firefighter I see people die more often than I care to.. and I see an immediate need for the family to seek out some sort of justicifaction or answer ... or whatever. I hear stuff like "Who put this guardrail here..." stuff like that.

People don't deal with the loss of a famliy memebr well.. and it's different for eveyone. Some simply accept it and move on... others don't.

She's hurting, and probably not in the right frame of mind.. and I can't say that I'd be in any better situation if it were one of my children. I'm sure if she saw this same post, say a year ago.. she too would probably think it was a crazy woman. But, like they say, "there but for the grace of God, go I."

So, although her plight is pretty much a lost cause, .. I understand her need to feel like she wants to do something.. or be heard.

I sympathise with her, and wish her the best. She too has paid an ultimate price for our freedom.. her son. If you don't have any choldren, you'll never know how costly the price was for her. Yes, her son was old enough to make his choice ... but that still does not take the hurt away from his loss. As our kiddos grow, we turn them lose into the world to be their own person... but we'll always hope they return safe and sound... hers did not.

I would also remind everyone that she is the mother of a US servieman who laid down his life for our freedom, and would ask that she be extended due courtesy.

20. gjk5

gjk5 3/4 ton status

I am giving her all the respect that is due her, and it's not much. She has changed her views on this and is now making an ass out of herself. I feel for any family member who has lost a loved one in combat, however, to blame the commander in chief is ridiculous. If her son's C.O. made a serious command error that resulted in her son's death, that's one thing, call him out.

Here's an article on her:

PROTESTING SOLDIER MOM CHANGED STORY ON BUSH
    Mon Aug 08 2005 10:11:07 ET

The mother of a fallen U.S. soldier who is holding a roadside peace vigil near President Bush's ranch -- has dramatically changed her account about what happened when she met the commander-in-chief last summer!

Cindy Sheehan, 48, of Vacaville, Calif., who last year praised Bush for bringing her family the "gift of happiness," took to the nation's TV outlets this weekend to declare how Bush "killed an indispensable part of our family and humanity."

CINDY 2004

THE REPORTER of Vacaville, CA published an account of Cindy Sheehan's visit with the president at Fort Lewis near Seattle on June 24, 2004:

"'I now know he's sincere about wanting freedom for the Iraqis,' Cindy said after their meeting. 'I know he's sorry and feels some pain for our loss. And I know he's a man of faith.'

"The meeting didn't last long, but in their time with Bush, Cindy spoke about Casey and asked the president to make her son's sacrifice count for something. They also spoke of their faith.

"The trip had one benefit that none of the Sheehans expected.

"For a moment, life returned to the way it was before Casey died. They laughed, joked and bickered playfully as they briefly toured Seattle.

For the first time in 11 weeks, they felt whole again.

"'That was the gift the president gave us, the gift of happiness, of being together,' Cindy said."

CINDY 2005

Sheehan's current comments are a striking departure.

She vowed on Sunday to continue her protest until she can personally ask Bush: "Why did you kill my son?"

In an interview on CNN, she claimed Bush "acted like it was party" when she met him last year.

"It was -- you know, there was a lot of things said. We wanted to use the time for him to know that he killed an indispensable part of our family and humanity. And we wanted him to look at the pictures of Casey.

"He wouldn't look at the pictures of Casey. He didn't even know Casey's name. He came in the room and the very first thing he said is, 'So who are we honoring here?' He didn't even know Casey's name. He didn't want to hear it. He didn't want to hear anything about Casey. He wouldn't even call him 'him' or 'he.' He called him 'your loved one.'

Every time we tried to talk about Casey and how much we missed him, he would change the subject. And he acted like it was a party.

BLITZER: Like a party? I mean...

SHEEHAN: Yes, he came in very jovial, and like we should be happy that he, our son, died for his misguided policies. He didn't even pretend like somebody...

END

On her current media tour, Sheehan has not been asked to explain her twist on Bush; from praise to damnation!

Developing...

Again, I feel for her and her family for their loss. I also strongly support her right to give her opinions (and change them). It is well within her rights to be wrong about any given subject, and it's well within my rights to call her on it.