Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

women, and spending time together.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by rdn2blazer, Sep 10, 2005.

1. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

my son is going to grannies today for half the day, the last time he went to grannies i found it the perfect time to make some progress on the blazer, but my women needed, wanted to spend time together, but instead ol telling me that she got upset that i didn't choose to make that decision myself. she started the crying crap and told me the next time our son goes to grannies she would like to spend time together. she said you dont have to come in from the garage i know your busy but next time ok, i said fine and went back to work. ofcourse i am feeling like a slug now and all guilty and all that crap.

so i had to work today and came in at 5am to get something done on myown stuff before i had to start at 6. i was hopeing to stay late and work on my winch bumper im building. she just called at noon and wants to go to lunch. so there goes my progress for the day. what bothers me is she, like most women and girlfriends in the past dont give a rats ass about the build but there the first ones wanting to go for a ride or go out with you wheelin or motercycle riding or what ever it may be, and get upset or even pissed if you go with a bud first that probably helped you out with the build in the first place. and god forbid that they might help out with a part purchase or something or even help turn a wrench. and dont forget the bitchen about the money spent on the rig, but again they dont want to miss that first ride. women are insane, i just want to work on my truck damnit, but no i got to go home and go to lunch. what a pisser.

2. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

and this is one of the amy reasons im divorced and now dating a woman who built a zuki on 35's with yota running gear..... :bow:
    Grant

3. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Hehe, it's not just women that have stupid attitudes like that. I was a senior in H.S. last year and my dad ragged me about my build since the day I started, but when the truck was finished and I went to a mud race he took off of work early to drive an hour and watch me race then called to congratulate me when I got third. Then when I brought it back and started to tweak things and work on it again he started ragging on me and hasn't stopped to this day. I'll agree, women are crazy, but the attitude about working on it vs. the first ride or drive isn't limited to just females.

4. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

its really wierd to see myself typing this, but it sounds as if you need to spend a little more time with her, and a little less with the truck. how often and how long do you work on it?

5. mikey_d05

:eek1: :eek1: :eek1:

Jeremy...is that you????

6. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

my life is starting to come back together, and i went out with a new chick last night. my outlook on life in general seems to be changing. maybe i'm just growing up a little. :dunno:

7. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

In the greater scheme of things, which is more important?

Family, family is always more important than anything. Or you can live by the world's shortest fairy tale.

8. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

It sounds to me like the two of you need to sit down and hash out a few issues, brother. I'm willing to bet the root of the problem isn't the fact that you spend time working on the truck instead of going for lunch with her. It's very rare that a woman will come out and tell you exactly what's on her mind.........

And as far as the "women are insane" comments go, there are two sides to every story. Behind every "insane" woman is a stubborn, uncommunicative man.

9. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Just do what I do, take a couple of breaks to run into the house and give her a kiss... I don't know why she is complaining about leaving a greasy hand print on her butt now though?

10. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

You are not supose to tell her you are going in early and such working on the truck. Just say i have work to get done and don't mention it is on the truck. Spend a little time with her and when working on the truck and it is not at the house unless you have to in some kind of questioning don't indicate it is the truck you are giving the attention to. Ya honey got alot to do at the shop today. You don't say i'm going to work and if i can get out of it i am going to do nothin but work on my junk. She calls the office at work and says what you doin? You reply: Workin, workin. ;)

11. mikey_d05

Wait wait wait, wants to see you at lunch, the kids are gone...think about it man.... :D

12. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

13. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

NOONER! :D :D :D

14. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

That shirt is awesome.

15. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

WOW, 13 replies, thanks guys im impressed. more then anything it was me just blowing off steam. just feel some times this damn truck is going to NEVER get finished, and with virtualy no help except for an ocasional hand from my neighbor/buddy its just frustrating sometimes. i have just had lately too many days and weekends that i thought were going to be good progress on the truck only to have something come up that tied me up completely to have no time to do anything. that is why i have been going in at 4:45/5:00 am every morning to get some machining or welding and fab work done before i have to clock in at 6 and go to work. i am just tired too i guess.

ofcourse money is tight as it is for everybody right now and im trying not to spend...but yet i still need parts to finish things up. i cut up one credit card so i would quit using it and im trying to pay off my debt to HOPEFULLY someday buy a house. i should spend more time with my woman then i do i know, we have been together for almost 7 years and have a awsome son together. i love spending time with my family, i just want to go on family camping trips and maybe join a 4x club and do monthly outings. especialy now that my boy has a honda 50 we got him. i just dont want to do it in her mini van. we used to have quads for a few years, had to sell them after a layoff. all is good as far as work goes now just cant afford those toys these days. i figured the truck would be our family quad. thanks for the advise fellas, just me piss'in and moan'in. i just need a good kick in the ass, like we all do sometimes.