Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Wondering blazer. Need help!

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by sandSStorm, Feb 16, 2006.

1. sandSStorm

sandSStorm Registered Member

This is my first post.

I own a 79 blazer that Ive been moding. The last mods were the front and rear diff from an older unit along w some old used 35's. I swaped the diff because the ones from the donor truck haf 3.73's and a locker in the rear.

After all that was done I noticed that the truck will pull to the left while taking off. I have to correct by turning the steering wheel the oposite way. And then I have to return to when stopping. Its very anoying. Ive never had this problem before the swap. My friends and I have checked it all over for everything we can think of and nothing. All the joints seem tight, nothing feels loose. I even took it to an alignment shop and they could not come up with anything.

One thing that I have to try is re-installing the sway bar since I took it off a while ago. I only use this truck for offroading so I removed the swaybar for better articulation. Even after I removed it (when i had the other diferentials) I had no sproblem w it.

If anyone has any imput on this please post it. Its driving me nuking futz!!

PS- the problem is not there all the time, some times it wonders and if i try to duplicate the problem it doesnt do it. It only does it while going from 1 to 2nd gear.

The truck now has an np205 and a diferential without lock-outs.

Thanks

2. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

Did you modify the rear suspension at all?

3. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Post in the garage and you will get a far better response.

4. sandSStorm

sandSStorm Registered Member

On the rear allI have is the new springs and a relocated rear spring hanger.