Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Won't be on for for a while

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by big_truxx, Jan 23, 2005.

1. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

I will be heading out of state tomorrow for a while so I will not be able to get on here for a while. I am not sure how long I will have to be away. Maybe a week or a month or longer. Keep up the good work and vote to keep us #1.

2. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Hmmmmmmmmmm...............

Some sort of "secret mission"? Why don't you know how long you'll be gone?:thinking:

3. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

LOL no not really "secret" but I would rather explain all after I return. ;) Long story

4. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

If you drop the soap, kick it all the way back to your cell.......:eek: :rotfl: :haha:

5. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Bummer, got used to seeing you all the time.

Well whatever it is try not to come back with tattoos or the clap. :D

6. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

Well I hope I will not be in a position where dropping the soap would make me nervous... :yikes: But I will let y'all know when I get back ;)

7. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

damn, there goes our postcount for the month! :rolleyes: :wink1: :haha:

we'll be here... :thumb:

8. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

bye.. have a save trip :grin:

9. Desert Rat

Good thing. Always watch your back though. Hopefully you will have some good stories to bring back.

10. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Have a safe Trip Chris!

11. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

What have you got a great deal on a k5 and are walking to get it and push it back. :confused: Affraid we'd try and get there first? :dunno: Come on tell us the secret.:deal: Trust us!:grin: Sure you can.:D Have a safe trip.:waytogo:

12. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

safe trip get the bezels yet?

13. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

Ok due to popular demand/curiousity here it is;

Well starting out by turning myself in at Brunswick Naval Air base here in Maine tomorrow. Have to call first. Then I am not sure. I think they will transport me to ft. knox, ky or maybe even end up sending me to ft campbell, ky where I was stationed. I have been AWOL for a bit now. I have to go back in order ot get out. The last straw that was part of a series of bad decissions was when my soon to be ex-wife was going to leave me if I didn't go awol. Hind-sight being 20/20, "wtf?" is now what I have to think about it. I swear she's certifiably nuts and I have no clue why I was trying to work things out with her in the worst way. But I am hoping I may spend a day or two in a cell and a week doing paperwork and be a free man out of the army again. I hope for the best and plan for the worst. I guess it is possible I could be put in jail for the rest of my 1st term, but that's highly doubtful. I knew a sgt that went awol on our way to iraq for the war and was outprocessed within the next couple weeks. And the war has officially been over for about 20 months now. So I cannot fathom "them" punishing me harsher than a case where we were headed to war... I'm not sad to be getting out as the army was mistreating me badly anyway. I will be the first to admit in the end the whole matter should have been handled differently though. But ya know, no one's perfect. You have to make mistakes sometimes to learn. And learn I have indeed done. Just need to get this part of my life over with so I can go on with the rest of it. As soon as I get the paperwork done I can get a normal job again and put all my money aside to build my house and garage. And work on getting 3 burbs and misc other chevy truck projects :whistle: :grin: But anyway now ya know and all. Now this may make for a good "flame on me" post in the lounge maybe.:haha:

14. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Good luck to 'ya!

15. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

Yep! sure did Thanks a lot. All I need to do now is get a bit of superglue to the one and scrounge up a few screws and my 84 will be on the road to looking "normal" again. I also ned to get a grille for it eventually. Has the square blinkers that bolt to the grille.... mounted to broken parts of its original grille and tied, yes tied, to a the wrong style grille, and once again tied, to the core support. :haha: But I can't complain bought it all for $1,000 and am fairly sure the broken transfer case issue was really broken teth on the ring gaer. 4.09 front with 3.73 rear... yeah nuff siad there. Now have the correct gears for the front and when I have the money I will get some new bearing etc and a pair of u-joints for the driveshaft and throw it all together and retest the transfer, which does not make noise when 4x4 is engaged w/o the front driveshaft in :whistle: I was wonderin how someone broke a 205 before the ujoint on that one... but looks like the ring gear went first. time will tell. Then fix the brakes nd a couple things for inspection and it will be legal for the road. :grin: anyways... thanks bro! :waytogo:

16. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

Thanks D. ;) I see it as all being part of being on the road to doing the one most important thing in life; working on Chevys :grin: :haha:

17. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Well, now I understand why you weren't overly forthcoming with the details.....:eek1:

That being said, it's nice to see someone acknowledging their errors and willing to face the consequences. We have all made poor decisions in our lives and many people refuse to take blame for their actions- most would also prefer to keep them private. You got big brass ones, brother!!!!!!:waytogo:

I hope all goes well. Keep us updated if possible. I was beginning to used to seeing your name around here on a regular basis, and I hate change, so you'd better hurry back!!!!:cool1:

18. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

keep hoping that, and we'll see you in at least 6 months. someone very close to me went AWOL, during peace time, and spent 6 months in a military prison in Colorado. with the situation our country is in right now, if you get 6 months, you should count yourself VERY lucky.

19. Desert Rat

Uh oh, forget kicking the soap, shove a pie tin down the back of your pants and keep your back to the wall......good luck to ya, sounds like it's gonna be a crap shoot.....uh so to speak....

20. big_truxx

big_truxx 1/2 ton status

Well like I said, I have seen someone go awol on the way to war. She hopped a plane to new york at one of the airports. And all they did was put her out within two weeks. So... And that was on the way to the war in iraq. And the official war only lasted about 3 months. Also I know a large # of people are awol. I had heard a report on the news last month say 2500. Thats a lot of people to try and courtmartial and send them all to jail. :dunno: I also do not see the army being consistent. So it is hard to say what they may do. I have seen someone simply kicked out while he was still awol before too. The army is :screwy: