Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Won't Idle

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TrcksR4ME, Jun 8, 2003.

1. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

Won\'t Idle

Driving down the road and all the sudden my truck is idling low, about 550-700 rpms, usually is at about 950 rpms, so I pull over look it over let it sit a minute, start it up and it won't idle above about 700 rpm's. It also sounds rough. I two footed it home and it stalled by the time I got it in the driveway. Let it sit a while, check it, no change. I noticed that it will run with the choke on at about 900 rpms, and when I turn the choke off it immediately jumps to about 1000 rpms, then falls down to the 500-600 range, eventually stalling. It has a POS Carter AFB (manual choke) which I already knew sucked for off-road, but usually runs great on the street. Any idea's? BTW I changed out the fuel filter but no change. Thanx

2. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Re: Won\'t Idle

I just went through hell with almost the same thing- CHECK ALL YOUR VACUUM LINES CLOSELY !!!!

Clear enough? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif