Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

wont quit dying

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by chvymudin3388, Jan 4, 2006.

1. chvymudin3388

chvymudin3388 1/2 ton status

itll be idling and it will die or running down the road and itll die replaced coil it quit for about 1 month and a half
    then i changed the cap module pick up coil stop for about another month or so whats wrong any body else ever have this problem. any one know how to fix it?
    :confused: :( :confused:

2. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

Mine was doing the same thing. Figured out that the main shaft hads lost most all of the magnetism.
    If you pull the distro and spin the main shaft you should feel a little pull every time a point gets in-line with one of the prongs of the reluctor

3. chvymudin3388

k sry but wat exactly is that and where, magnetism of what? i dont tihnk mines has a magnet

4. chvymudin3388

tonight it died and i couldnt get it back started i got to go back to school monday guys come on yall give me ideas plz i beg yall give me ne help yall can thanx

5. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

i dnt undstnd ewe

6. chvymudin3388

it keeps stalling wether im driving or sitting in park

7. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

ok, thanks, is the fuel system working perfectly? It might be ignition, fuel, or wiring. I'll look into it a bit and see if i can figure anything else out

8. chvymudin3388

while like i said in my first post it starte dout as it not wanting to start once so i wiggled my coil connections wired then pulled them out and plugged them back in and it started (didnt work tonight did work all the other times) then its got worse so i replaced the coil fixed it for a bout a month or so then i changed the pickup coil got even worse so i replaced cap coil again and module ran for another month or soand i am where i am wich is up at 12:37 a.m. trying to find out wats wrong so i can make it to school monday or tomorrow

9. chvymudin3388

ok this morning in the light i noticed i unhooked the coil wire from the top of the distributor but that still didnt let it start :( unplugged the coill pack from the distributor harness it started right back up its an 87 so it has tbi the injectors are shooting the whole time so i dont know wats wrong cause after i let idle i threw it in reverse and it died on me unplugged it and plugged it back in and its started right back. im really confused come on guys i got only hours till i got to get it to get me to school:confused:

10. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

TTT I cant help, but i hope someone else can

11. chvymudin3388

thanx ne way i hope someone can to i cant figure it out im tired of buying ignition parts :( :( :(