Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

won't srart

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by win717, Jul 20, 2003.

1. win717

win717 Registered Member

won\'t srart

Hi again,I wanted to know where to start,My 1989 blazer won't turn over..i drove to the store came home then went to go away and nothing..won't even turn over..i changed battery and nothing I turned on the head lights and hit the key and the lights don't dim..but the radio comes on and when i hit the key it stops..not sure to look at the starter ???or if there anyway to check it..i keeped all the turmols..shock the battery wire....nothing where should i start?
    Thanks
    Rich

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

Re: won\'t srart

try jumping the terminals on the starter if it turns over your solenoid is bad

3. mud390

mud390 1/2 ton status

What kind of shape is your negative battery cable in? I had a truck with a bad cable and did the same thing. Make sure you have a good ground.

Kris

4. flyndragons

flyndragons Registered Member

Do you have a quick disconnect on your starter? I fried a plug in mine and the lights wouldnt even come on. That was a quick fix though.......after a week and a half of trouble shooting. Take a circuit tester and check the leads on the starter.
    Then again it could be your igniton switch. Not the lock but the switch on the inside of the dash.