Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WOO HOO!! Got my NV 4500 today!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by K5MONSTERCHEV, Jun 27, 2003.

1. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

Yay, I got a NV 4500 for the Blaze. Cant wait to get it in! After I go through it all and put new synchros and bearings.

2. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

Sweet. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

What kind of work is it going to take to swap in? (adaptors, clutch linkage, etc?) Is it from a Chevy or Dodge? I figure if I ever swap over to manual, that's what I'd go with. Keep us (me at least) updated on how the swap goes and how you like it when it's finished please.

And, if you don't mind my asking, how much $$$ did you pay for it. The ones I've seen are going for near a grand. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

3. K5MONSTERCHEV

I bought it with the bellhousing, slave cylinder, master cylinder and shifter. I will run a hydraulic clutch. I need the adaptor for the t case, and need to change the t case input and do something to the housing. Its out of a Chevy. Mine Blazer already is a manual so I can't help you on how hard it would be to install the clutch pedal. I ended up picking it up for a grand, but im selling my freshly rebuilt SM 465 to a customer from work for $700, so $300 bucks! Ill see what it looks like and rebuild it if needed, heck I'll probablly end just do it anyway. Ill keep you posted!

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I wish I had an nv4500. In my K5 and my 2500. Especially my 2500.

5. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Congratulations! I've got all the goods to start putting mine together. If you haven't scored the parts you need to go through it, I HIGHLY recommend a place called Quad 4X4. quad4x4.com Talk to a guy named Dan. He sells only original New Venture parts, no float-the-boat parts like everywhere else I called. Comparable prices to the import crap too. The best part is they don't charge shipping!! Dan is very knowledgable, and a helluva nice guy.
    Good luck!

6. K5MONSTERCHEV

He have the adapter for the tcase? We get our stuff from advance adapters, but if hes a better price.

7. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Quad 4X4 is an Advanced Adapters dealer. I got a NP205 spacer from him (for the circular bolt pattern 205), and I got it for a bunch less than the Adv Adpt catalog, then I paid no shipping /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif! So, I'd say it is worth a shot, nothing to lose except a phone call (or email).
    Let me know how it works out.

8. K5MONSTERCHEV

Thanks for the info guys!! I'll keep you informed.

9. K5BLT4FUN

K5BLT4FUN 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I had a Chevy NP205 behind my Chevy NV4500. I just recently went to a Doubler setup. I still have the Tailhousing needed for the NV4500 and a Advance Adapter plate for the figure 8 pattern Chevy NP205. I need to clean them up, but I would be willing to sell you them. I think I even have the original instructions. Send me a PM and I will give you my phone number.