Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WOO HOO!! GOT THE 2" BODY LIFT INSTALLED!!!!!

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by muddysub, Sep 29, 2002.

1. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

WOO HOO!! GOT THE 2\" BODY LIFT INSTALLED!!!!!

MAN WAS THAT FUN!!! adam (mudbogAD) and i got my 2" body lift installed today. we had a few minor disasters but it all ended well. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif performance accessories sent me some wrong stuff, the bolts and shifter extension were for a 3" lift so there are a lot of bolts i couldn't use so i bought some new ones that were right and we got it done. we went to the shop adam works at and extended the shift linkage. we lost one of the pucks and looked for it for about 5 minuites and then found it sitting between the hood and windshield. /forums/images/icons/blush.gif the gas tank filler neck was fine didn't have to loosten it even, and the steering shaft extended out just fine too. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif only problem i had was the linkage for the case. we gotta take one part out and drop it 2" in the middle like a crossover steering draglink. right now i can't get into 4-low but next weekend we'll fix that. went out driving and there is no difference in ride and handling. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif oh and to all the guys who have put body lifts on their trucks and said "getting the bolts loose was the hardest part", HA!! i got no rust at all and that was the easiest part of the whole thing. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

Re: WOO HOO!! GOT THE 2\" BODY LIFT INSTALLED!!!!!

congrats /forums/images/icons/smile.gif now post some pics of it /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

3. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

How is the wiring that goes from the body to the t-case? Mine is stretched to it's limit! I think the only reason I have a stiffer ride now is because I put the energy suspension body bushing the same time I put the body lift. When are you going to add the 39.5's or 42's? You have the space!

4. muddysub

mmmmmmmmmmmm 42s... not for a while, i'll go up to 38s next. i haven't looked at the wiring yet i'll check it out.

5. MudbogAD

MudbogAD 1/2 ton status

Lets see. You would need new wheels to run 39.5's or 42's. You would need more trimming and probably a 6" suspension so your tires wouldn't eat your inner fenders up.

6. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

Go for the 39.5's! You'll be disappointed with anything less, I'm a little disappointed with the 38's. It just seems like the Sub needs a little more. We'll see when the time comes which size I get next. I'm willing to cut now. I think all the challenges I get from the Jeep guys has put me over the edge now. It's time!

I need a second job too. I can't afford all of this. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

7. muddysub

i would love to get 39.5s next but i do need to go taller and get wider wheels.... but that's easy /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif