Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Woo Hoo!! I knew I was hoarding parts for a reason.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mountainexplorer, Mar 7, 2004.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I like keeping alot of stuff... but now that I needed to come up with money fast, I resorted to selling a bunch of parts off I was trying to keep.

In the past 3 weeks, I was able to sell $3000 in stuff I had laying around, and now I can pay off what I owe other people. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

And people told me I was nuts for trying to hang on to it all.

2. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

How the hell did you do that??? /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Classifieds or otherwise? /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif Guess it's time to /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif the garage and start selling!

3. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Local classified ads. I suppose to accurately calculate profit, I need to subtract total advertising cost and also the amount I had invested into the parts. So, I probably made about $1200-$1800 in profit.

I sold stuff I usually never would sell or was planning on keeping... my 383, a TBI454, a carbed 454, Warn Winch, perfect '79 front clip, Holley carb, and some axles.

I think I'll keep on going and sell more stuff laying around so I can buy more rigs to part out. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif