Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Woo hoo! manuals rock.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by tacoma, Jan 26, 2006.

1. tacoma

tacoma 1/2 ton status

Just got my 1987 Chevy manual, absolutely love it. Sucks that the fuel injection is not covered, but in all other respects I am very well pleased. $25 on Tha Ebay, baby! WOO HOOO!

2. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

I bought an '85 S15 (new). Order the manual, yes yes; full size? yes yes. '03 finally bought my '85 Burp, still have the fullsize manual, plus the '85 came with one of its own printed in '84.:D

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Fuel injection is probably covered in an electrical supplement, if you wanted it. :)

4. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

Hi Dorian. Do you know of a source for electric and VACUUM DIAGRAM supplement?

5. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I've never seen vacuum diagrams.

There might be some, I'm not sure how service departments would be able to straighten everything out without reference material, (regardless of how good anyones training is, variation would make it impossible to keep all of them straight) but I've never heard of, nor seen of a vacuum manual. It would be quite extensive given the wide array of vacuum setups.

6. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

Absolutely. I have an "Electrical and Vacuum Diagram Citcuit Manual" for my '79 Seville, so I'm assuming same for later years. Maybe naive. I'm eight hours from putting my hand on it, but I'll check publisher etc. and get back to you.:D

7. tacoma

tacoma 1/2 ton status

looks like the fuel injection is covered in another manual, as is disassembly of components. Sweet, now I'll have to find those... grr! LOL

8. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

OK, I'm back. This book(let) is for the 1979 model year. It has the same cover art style as the mech. manual. The title is "ELECTRICAL & VACUUM CIRCUIT DIAGRAMS". Its not from Astra or Helms, just plain old Cadillac. The pages fold out as required to length, the circuits are printed in color as well as spelled out. It covers all the Cad models for the '79 model year.

P1270320.JPG

P1270321.JPG

P1270322.JPG

Last edited: Jan 27, 2006