Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WOO HOO!!! my local wheelin spot is in a mag!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by muddysub, Feb 14, 2003.

1. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

in the new issue of off-road adventures (the 4 wheel parts one) there's an article called "hump and bump", thats my local spot! they got rocks, sand and i m sure theres mud right now. (ggrrrr im 2wd right now) when you get it check it out and see my favorite area, the logandale trails area. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yeah saw a pic of U.A.V in that article I think looks like a cool place.

3. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

dangit wheres my mag at?! Should be here by now.......

4. ducttape114

ducttape114 1/2 ton status

DUDE LOGANDALE!!!!! Blazinaire and i got fuel there on the way to BB02 at about 2 am!!!!!! i needed diesel and that was the closest(about 40 miles out of the way). i have pics of us at the gas station in the middle of the night reading a map and pointing different directions!!! geez man, Logandale!!!! i want to wheel there somtime, it looks like a fun place.

5. muddysub

it is, its hella fun we go out there like every other weekend with our quads. there's some stuff out there i wouldn't try on our quads let alone the suburban. we were rock crawlin once there and my dad got his 03 polaris sportsman 700 wedged between 2 rocks and it took a few parts off!! it was hella fun. it's a great place. we should get some ck5ers together and go out there sometime. they got sand tons of rocks, and a ton of hills and trails. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

dude that pic is in my webshots /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif! I'm pretty sure that I officially changed the towns name from logandale nevada to bumfukt egypt /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif. And to think that we could have just stayed there and wheeled! F*** Tim Boslow /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif!

7. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Cool, heres hoping you don't get any unwanted attention at your local spot.

8. muddysub

yeah it's nice and empty but i'm sure 4wpw will have the article framed or something bringing all kinds of people out there. bunch of dumbA$$es!

9. dubl_t

dubl_t 1/2 ton status

You mean the dumba$$es who are new to wheeling and need help and guidance, or the dumba$$es who are turned away by hardcore wheelers and become tree-huggers? Not a very positive outlook coming from a "president".

10. bigjbear

Most likely he means dumba$$s who think because they are not on a paved road all of socities rules are no longer in effect. It's OK to burn cars, dump trash, drink & drive, pour oil on the ground, crank radio at 3 AM, steal stuff from a parked/broke truck, ect. I'm just guessing for him, but that is what I mean. If a newbe wants to learn to wheel or even just try out his mall runner SUV, I've got no prob w/ that as long as they are honest, respectful of people & nature, and realize it is about having fun. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. muddysub

no four wheel parts. they are all idiots here. the wheelers, new or experienced are cool i'm glad to have them there. but now we're gonna get more guys that dont care out there and tear it up. i didn't mean to sound like an ass there. sorry. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

12. muddysub

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Most likely he means dumba$$s who think because they are not on a paved road all of socities rules are no longer in effect. It's OK to burn cars, dump trash, drink &amp; drive, pour oil on the ground, crank radio at 3 AM, steal stuff from a parked/broke truck, ect. I'm just guessing for him, but that is what I mean. If a newbe wants to learn to wheel or even just try out his mall runner SUV, I've got no prob w/ that as long as they are honest, respectful of people &amp; nature, and realize it is about having fun.

[/ QUOTE ] CAN I GET AN AMEN!!!???

13. ducttape114

ducttape114 1/2 ton status

AMEN TO THAT!!!!!!!!!

14. dubl_t

dubl_t 1/2 ton status

Sorrry too, I didn't mean to imply that you're "sounding like an ass" (could that be done through text?). Anyways, I know what you mean: Tragedy of the Commons. The other end of the spectrum is the "locals only" attitude, and that ain't cool either. Ive seen that a couple differnt times in Colorado when I had Wyoming plates, but then you know how to tell when it's springtime in Wy? All the license plates turn green /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif (sorry again, in-politically correct joke)

15. bigjbear

Its cool. As normal, hard to convey emotion in text.