Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

WOO HOO MY MUFFLER FELL OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by muddysub, Oct 6, 2002.

1. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif tonight on the way home from a friends house after i got off the freeway i noticed that the sub sounded louder for some reason, HMMMMMMM, so when i got home i noticed the frickin muffler fell off!!! and it's staying off too it sounds good and intimidating!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

you didn't notice until you got off the freeway? I always knew immediately when I'd drop a muffler, granted mine is a 454 with duals, and no cats... but still. start accelerating, and suddenly hear louder then loud loudness pouring out from under my truck... sounded somewhat awesome, but truthfully way too loud to be even remotely streetlegal. plus, it makes sneaking in at night completely impossible, since everyone for about 1/2 a mile in all directions know you're coming/going.

-Rich

3. muddysub

my tires were dorwning it out.

4. MudbogAD

MudbogAD 1/2 ton status

Your tires ain't that loud Scott. I think it was your stereo!!! I know because no tire is louder than a free flowin exhaust. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

5. muddysub

yeah probably the stereo. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

6. FLASHLIGHT76

FLASHLIGHT76 1/2 ton status

Right on Scott. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif But I think those 350's really need just a little back pressure to really run right. Does sound cool open though. The other day a heard a 66 mustang 289 with open headers and he won loudest exhaust compition, even over the 454 guys, go figure /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif